PC Peripherals [query] smps running below normal voltage, is this ok?

sidk47

Disciple
[solved] [query] smps running below normal voltage, is this ok?

Hi guys,

I need your clarification. I have given my power supply which my sister got for me from the US, to my friend, to let him use it for a while. However in his area, the power is often at 180V. Which is far below the 230 or 240V that it should be.

Is this OK bearing in mind that it is an Active PFC power supply with 80+ gold certification and power input between 90 -> 250V? What is Active PFC anyway?

Here is a link to the power supply product page: Welcome to [url]www.Kingwin.com: Power Supplies[/url]

Thanking you sincerely,
Siddharth Karunakaran.

^^

I doubt it will be able to perform or will under-perform wait for other more experienced members to pitch in :). Jai Hind

you need not worry. It can work from 115 volts. secondly this was bought from the US correct. US has 110 volt electrical system. So you need not worry and it will work fine without a hitch.

if its auto 115v - 240v then dont worry.if its manual switch then i doubt.....

otherwise as u mention input range 90-250v it'll work without any problem.

Is ur friend not using a UPS? cuz a UPS should increase the input voltage if its lower than 200V.
Since the psu is Active PFC you should not have any issues, provided that there are no frequent voltage fluctuations.

Back