Android Question about charger cable

I have an LG Nexus 5 phone. Recently, it's charger cable somehow got a cut near the end of the cable. The charger is working fine, and I taped the cut so it won't deteriorate further.

Today, I called up a local LG Service Center, to inquire about new charger, and the price. They don't have the adapter, but they said they have a cable available, and the cost is Rs 352/-

I was thinking, if I can use another cable for the original LG adapter. I have several other phones in the house, and have other cables, like from LG Nexus 7 tablet.

I haven't tried it yet, but I was wondering if it would be advisable to do so or not.

We have often heard about not using different charger for your smartphone, and I am a strong believer in that. But, this non-availability of the adapter, made me wonder if another cable can be used for the same adapter, without causing any risk to the mobile phone or not.

Theoritically, IMO, it should work, because the adapter remains the same which provides the regulated amount of electricity to the phone, but will using a different cable make a difference?

Replies will be appreciated :).

Generally there isnt any risk using other phones adapter provided your phone support maximum mah rating charging input.
So always check your phones charge rating voltage before opting of other chargers as a higher rating charger can damage your phone, charging ic or charging port. (This applies to charging regularly on incompatible chargers but damage can occur anytime as its electronics)

And if its just the cable then its 100% safe as cable wont do any damage unless it is tampered.

Back