Questions about Tata Sky HD+ Wiring

Gr1M

Disciple
Im moving into a new house soon and needed clarity on something about TataSky HD+ if anyone could help :

(1) Currently I am using a Tata Sky HD+ connection and it has 2 wires connected to the DISH.

Unfortunately in the new house, the wiring that has internally already been done, only one RG6 Co-axial cable has been pulled.

when I called Tata Sky customer care they insisted that we require RG59 cables and that RG6 cables will not work.

On confirming with the electrician whose done all the wiring, he insisted that RG6 cables will surely work and that there is no need to put RG59 cables.

Question : Can you guys confirm if RG6 wires will work instead of RG59 ?

(2) On asking customer care, they said they require 2 wires - 1 is for the HD relay and 1 for the recording function.

Question : Incase there isnt a possibility of stretching one more RG6 wire (since its all concealed internal wiring) , does it mean that the Tata Sky HD+ wont record ?

A friend of mine says there is no requirement for 2 wires, the same wire can be connected to a splitter.

Question : Can you guys confirm if RG6 wires will work instead of RG59 ?

A friend of mine says there is no requirement for 2 wires, the same wire can be connected to a splitter.

1.RG6 will work fine. My box runs on RG6 cables.

2. I have heard of the splitter option as well. However, the technician who came to install my STB insisted on using 2 RG6 cables (i had 4 sets of RG6 cables routed through concealed wiring already due to other needs).

Mithun : thanks for the info.

Need to be sure about the wiring, if anyone has a contact number of any of the tata sky installation technicians then I can call and ask directly.

Thanks.

You can use splitter as it works fine but it entirely depends on the installation ,2 wires is preffered but use of splitter degrade the quality of pitcure though not shure on this really.

A guy came to my house and removed the splitter, and pulled an extra cable for each TV. He said NOW they need two cables for each box, and the splitter solution will not work.

Back