OC & Modding Questions about vCore....how much to play around?????

samrulez

Disciple
Hey guys,

My CPU running at the stock cooler used to touch 61 degs at full load, it's a ClawHammer 1.8GHz......the Stock voltage was around 1.5+ volts.....as I'm running at stock....I thought to under voling the CPU to bring its temps down!!!

But my BIOS didn't let me control my vCore...damn!...So after a lot of googling I found a software called...''Crystal CPUID''..after downloading it....I set the vCore to 1.4!!!! yeah! ..

And this seems to be Stable....at least at Prime95....

Before the temps were like 60-61!!!!!....And now 56-57!

And my question is....

1) Should I continu with this setting.??? If its stable.?

2) Can this damage anything??

3)Can I drop the vCore to 1.3xx????

undervolting will not damage any component ....... i am also running my venice @ 1.30v from past 8 month and a clawhammer at home @ 1.1v stock .......

wow....Rahul that's gr8!!!!!!!!!

Should I try 1.3????????????

Another thing.....my mobo MSI K8M-NeoV doesn't have options to set the vCore in the BIOS.......so I used "Crystal CPUID" to change the vCore.....

So after I reboot I again have to get the vCore to 1.4!!!

So...is there any other method?????

Just make sure the machine is stable at those voltages. Reduce volts and try running prime95 for a few hours to make sure the cpu is stable.

^^

Thanx Chaos...!!!!!!

But my BIOS doesn't have an option to set the vCore!!! I use "Crystal CPUID" to change the vCore but lose all setttings after I reboot! :(.... plz help me!!!

===============================================================================================

Another thing......My mobo doesn't have PCI/AGP locks.....this software "Crystal CPUID'' let me control the multiplier to any one!!!

Should I try 10*200??????? So as the FSB is the same...I will not need any dividers nor locks! :bleh:

***UPDATE!!!!!! ***
Hmm.....I dropped the vCore to 1.2v......real 1.256v.......and is Prime stable....:hap2:

Temps are like 47 at load....fulll load... :clap: ...........
So i guess I'll stick to this setting!!! :tongue:
But still after I reboot I lose all settings.....is there any alternate software???:p

Hmm...where is the option for vCore???????
I can't find it...

Attachments

• A64 t.JPG
    A64 t.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 48
I also tried CoreConter.....but it lets me only increase the vCore and not decrease it..!

Also rahul....what settings are you running u r 2800+ clawhammer???

Rahul & Chaos thanx guys..... You'll rock! :)

What I did was....I set the vCore to 1.2v and Clicked on "Create Shortcut".in Crystal CPUID....and pasted that in the windows "Startup" folder... :rofl: ....

Finally brought the temps down...! i.e 46 at load from 61 :bleh:

samrulez said:
Hey Rahul!...

You said in the thread that you run your A64 2800+ ClawHammer at 1.1v....Is this true???

Coz someone told that with the voltage drop the current increase.....and that may your processor..

Plz tell me....

Thanx,

Sam..

yeah its running @ 1.1v actually 1.12v someone pointed out that current problem in some other forum but its running fine from past 1 year ..... so i guess its ok or i am damn lucky lol ....... mobo is NEO Platinum and its at home used for download and internet stuff ...... CPU fan runs @ 800-900RPM dead silent comp :d ....... here is a screenshot which i took when i was using that comp ....

undervolting1hc6.jpg

Back