Budget 51-70k Questions on buying from Lamington road

MarkofTeja

Disciple
So I am about to assemble my first PC (a hackintosh at that) and from what I hear, Lamington Road is the best place to do that. I want to know a few things before I head there myself.

1) The obvious questions. Any recommended shops who won't rip me off or sell me fake parts? I keep hearing of Prime abgb on this forum but a few other options would be great

2) I was in Nehru place the other day for a battery replacement for my mac and the guy said that if I pay by card they will charge 28% GST but if I pay by cash then no GST. Does this happen at Lamington road too?

3) Do they assemble the PC for free for you?

4) Do they bargain etc? I keep hearing conflicting reports from my friends. Some say be wary of fake parts on Lamington road. Others tell me to bargain as much as possible. what's the reality?

I would appreciate advice from you guys.
Thanks
Teja (kyuki mark idhar hai)[DOUBLEPOST=1502713373][/DOUBLEPOST]Arrey bhay koi to bata do.

Last edited:
Ofcourse you'll need to bargain, applies to all our transactions everywhere.

PrimeABGB, Cassette World, PC Guide, MacCann Infosys are few names I can think of. They'll give there prices by email/phone as well, Google for contact info, you can have rough estimates this way but also need to visit personally for final pricing.

Ask for GST bill and make sure it mentions serial numbers of all products, pay only after you have proper bill in hand.

They might charge 1/2% extra depending on good you have bargained prices.

Free assembling, again depends on final pricing, if you have given them enough margin, they'll do it free.

Since you have GST bill and buying from proper store and not road side vendor, most probably it'll be a genuine one.

Good luck :)

I might be visiting tomorrow, when are you planning to visit?

And what's in your shopping list?

If you are from Delhi, NP might be almost as good as LR (Mumbai) or SP (Bangalore) or etc... choose your location. However, for some niche items, prime might be better or SMC or ... hope you get the idea.

From Lamington, I would personally recommend prime, but there are others too [PC guide, etc]. It would be better if you speak to more than one vendor to get the best price for your item.

However, you should decide on what you want to buy and narrow to specific models and go, and not just tell them you need a generic thing like Intel computer for gaming etc, as you are more likely to get something not VFM. If I were you, I would ask here in the forums with the template filled up.

prime charges 500 INR extra, some do, some may not for PC assembling.

bargaining - yes, do try.

Finally, billing. ideally, you should get a bill, as some of the warranty cases may need it - for example, HDDs may have an incorrect warranty date, which you can correct by submitting the correct bill. Secondly, with GST implemented at all levels, how he is telling you that you will be able to escape the tax @ 28%. I would advice not to buy from that shop.

Ofcourse you'll need to bargain, applies to all our transactions everywhere.

PrimeABGB, Cassette World, PC Guide, MacCann Infosys are few names I can think of. They'll give there prices by email/phone as well, Google for contact info, you can have rough estimates this way but also need to visit personally for final pricing.

Ask for GST bill and make sure it mentions serial numbers of all products, pay only after you have proper bill in hand.

They might charge 1/2% extra depending on good you have bargained prices.

Free assembling, again depends on final pricing, if you have given them enough margin, they'll do it free.

Since you have GST bill and buying from proper store and not road side vendor, most probably it'll be a genuine one.

Good luck :)

I might be visiting tomorrow, when are you planning to visit?

And what's in your shopping list?

Thanks for this awesome info. I am also planning to go tomorrow. I am assembling my first hackintosh for Audio production and decided on the following.

Gigabyte H270 3dP
i7 7700
8 gigs ram 2400
256 GB SSD. Samsung.
2 TB Barracuda.
Some Power Supply.
The air cooler I believe comes with the CPU
Some Cabinet. Not too fussy about looks.
No Graphic card.

I already have the mouse and a mech keyboard and will connect this to my Sony Bravia TV.

If you are from Delhi, NP might be almost as good as LR (Mumbai) or SP (Bangalore) or etc... choose your location. However, for some niche items, prime might be better or SMC or ... hope you get the idea.

From Lamington, I would personally recommend prime, but there are others too [PC guide, etc]. It would be better if you speak to more than one vendor to get the best price for your item.

However, you should decide on what you want to buy and narrow to specific models and go, and not just tell them you need a generic thing like Intel computer for gaming etc, as you are more likely to get something not VFM. If I were you, I would ask here in the forums with the template filled up.

prime charges 500 INR extra, some do, some may not for PC assembling.

bargaining - yes, do try.

Finally, billing. ideally, you should get a bill, as some of the warranty cases may need it - for example, HDDs may have an incorrect warranty date, which you can correct by submitting the correct bill. Secondly, with GST implemented at all levels, how he is telling you that you will be able to escape the tax @ 28%. I would advice not to buy from that shop.

Thanks for your advice Vivek. Well I am from Bombay. Just visiting Delhi so decided to pop into NP.
I already have a component list for my Hackintosh build ready, so I pretty much know what I want. Been reading tons of Hackintosh forums for the past few days.

So from what I gather is that I need a bill with all the serial numbers mentioned to avoid any warranty issues later on.

I am guessing that the warranty for the parts is going to be manufacturer warranties and the Lamington Road seller won't provide any warranties of any sorts.

I really hope that their prices already include the GST otherwise it's going to be hella expensive for me. I used prices for some of the online sites (Primeabgb, Itwares) and the cost for my build shows anywhere between 66-70k.[DOUBLEPOST=1502862440][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's an all cash deal. They won't give pakka bill to save on gst.

Which I am guessing would screw up the warranties?

Oh. I thought I wouldn't get any warranty at all. Wouldn't that be worth it, if I could save up on 28% tax?
You're getting confused, if you have GST bill with serial numbers mentioned, you'll get full warranty as per manufacturer's terms.

Even I'll be trying to build a hackintosh, however, with Ryzen 1300x or 1600 (not sure if it'll work, hackintosh not a must though) for video editing.

And as said earlier, finalize your list, PSU, cabinet, etc.

PM your contact details if you wish to bargain together at LR.

Oh. I thought I wouldn't get any warranty at all. Wouldn't that be worth it, if I could save up on 28% tax?
It would be worth it only if the items were brand new and not 4-5 months old. Don't expect to get July or Aug manufactured items now. You will get Jan-May manufactured items only. Thats 4-5 months of warranty lost.

It would be worth it only if the items were brand new and not 4-5 months old. Don't expect to get July or Aug manufactured items now. You will get Jan-May manufactured items only. Thats 4-5 months of warranty lost.
GST on computer components might be 18%, not 28%.

You're getting confused, if you have GST bill with serial numbers mentioned, you'll get full warranty as per manufacturer's terms.

Even I'll be trying to build a hackintosh, however, with Ryzen 1300x or 1600 (not sure if it'll work, hackintosh not a must though) for video editing.

And as said earlier, finalize your list, PSU, cabinet, etc.

PM your contact details if you wish to bargain together at LR.

From all the research I have done, It seems that Ryzen doesn't play nice with Hackintosh. In fact, the biggest time spent for me, was trying to figure out a motherboard that works.

I was thinking of going to LR tommorrow but got tied up again. I'll be heading there on friday or saturday. If you are around..?

They'll give there prices by email/phone as well, Google for contact info, you can have rough estimates this way but also need to visit personally for final pricing.
Do they really reply the estimates via emails??

GST on computer components might be 18%, not 28%.
GST on bills 18% ? not 28%. I read somewhere this too, if it's 28% it is too much.
18% is already a rip off.[DOUBLEPOST=1502913825][/DOUBLEPOST]I might go there on friday for my build purchase, hoping to get in the budget :pompus:
I purchased the monitor almost a year ago from MacIT solution with 5% VAT at that time. Also a desktop from them, almost a decade ago too.:sweatsmile:

From all the research I have done, It seems that Ryzen doesn't play nice with Hackintosh. In fact, the biggest time spent for me, was trying to figure out a motherboard that works.

I was thinking of going to LR tommorrow but got tied up again. I'll be heading there on friday or saturday. If you are around..?

Hackintosh not a must for me, will try my luck with Ryzen. Do consider and compare MSI Z270 A-PRO or ASUS PRIME Z270-P as well. I'll PM you my contact details, let me know whenever you go LR.

Do they really reply the estimates via emails??

GST on bills 18% ? not 28%. I read somewhere this too, if it's 28% it is too much.
18% is already a rip off.[DOUBLEPOST=1502913825][/DOUBLEPOST]I might go there on friday for my build purchase, hoping to get in the budget :pompus:
I purchased the monitor almost a year ago from MacIT solution with 5% VAT at that time. Also a desktop from them, almost a decade ago too.:sweatsmile:

Yes, I have received discounted rates via email from sales@primeabgb.com and guidepc@hotmail.com.

Cassette World gave their rates on phone.

Should get better rates (approx 10% lesser), once we visit personally.

I'll PM you my contact details as well, do let me know whenever you go.

Hackintosh not a must for me, will try my luck with Ryzen. Do consider and compare MSI Z270 A-PRO or ASUS PRIME Z270-P as well. I'll PM you my contact details, let me know whenever you go LR.

Yes, I have received discounted rates via email from sales@primeabgb.com and guidepc@hotmail.com.

Cassette World gave their rates on phone.

Should get better rates (approx 10% lesser), once we visit personally.

I'll PM you my contact details as well, do let me know whenever you go.

Thanks for the email addresses :) & please pm the details i'll be going there on Friday or Saturday.
Do you know whether GST rate are 18% or 28% there?

Ok so went to LR on Saturday and got my Hackintosh build for 70K.

Went to Cassette world, Mac IT, PC Guide, McCann Infosys and Prime ABGB. Cassette world gave me rates without GST (rest gave with GST) but after calculating 18% GST his rates were the highest. While friendly, the guy there, Nadeem, wasn't interested in bargaining. Though he did tell me to not bother looking around for a better deal as I was leaving his shop. He claimed to be a mackintosh expert and predicted that I will face problems. Well... I didn't.

McCann (who claimed that he accidentally wrote a much lesser price for RAM) and Prime gave me the best rates followed by Mac IT and PC Guide where the guy was least interested and refused to bargain at all. At all shops I blatantly asked for the discount. My strategy being to just stare them in the face while taping my finger on the quote they wrote ha ha.

I thought of simply picking the best priced parts from different shops and assembling it myself but the difference was just a little more than 1K.

I bought from Prime as they were the last once I went to and it was already evening and I was tired. Plus they looked like a legit setup that I didn't think would scam me. They asked to levy the 2% credit card charge but I stood my ground. In the end I paid 500 extra. There wasn't much difference in the prices to be honest.

All in all a fun experience. Will certainly do it again.

Ok so went to LR on Saturday and got my Hackintosh build for 70K.

Went to Cassette world, Mac IT, PC Guide, McCann Infosys and Prime ABGB. Cassette world gave me rates without GST (rest gave with GST) but after calculating 18% GST his rates were the highest. While friendly, the guy there, Nadeem, wasn't interested in bargaining. Though he did tell me to not bother looking around for a better deal as I was leaving his shop. He claimed to be a mackintosh expert and predicted that I will face problems. Well... I didn't.

McCann (who claimed that he accidentally wrote a much lesser price for RAM) and Prime gave me the best rates followed by Mac IT and PC Guide where the guy was least interested and refused to bargain at all. At all shops I blatantly asked for the discount. My strategy being to just stare them in the face while taping my finger on the quote they wrote ha ha.

I thought of simply picking the best priced parts from different shops and assembling it myself but the difference was just a little more than 1K.

I bought from Prime as they were the last once I went to and it was already evening and I was tired. Plus they looked like a legit setup that I didn't think would scam me. They asked to levy the 2% credit card charge but I stood my ground. In the end I paid 500 extra. There wasn't much difference in the prices to be honest.

All in all a fun experience. Will certainly do it again.
So what's your final config? And prices? Mac running fine?

While friendly, the guy there, Nadeem, wasn't interested in bargaining.
Bhai reply jaldi kar deta jara :laughing:

Wish i read this before getting my build from him yesterday, that guy talk too sweet before purchase. Once he know you are buying there, all true colors came out. Not open to bargain at all, answering to questions like some retard. Nedeem bhai is his name, even i gave him psu unit of stock circle cabinet still talked like cheap shite person. Like 10 times he asked me like chalo cash lao, chalo cash do fatafat. I said first make bill at least, many said first make proper gst bill to know the right amount.
Though i bought want i wanted despite his endless recommendations, only thing i get which i didn't wanted was PSU Cooler Master MWE 450. Was bored and tired already & was in rush.

As always there isn't a single shop in lamington, who won't trick you and scam you on every other chance. Cassette World staying away from next time, it's ok to spend 500rs more at Prime.

Tip fro you @mihirX :grinning:

Bought my setup in 39.5k.

Back