Camera Quick Question Regarding Digital Camera's

Well i have just read quite a lot of reviews about the A95 and have read people having pretty good experience A95 i am opting for that... Also i confirmed the price here in Delhi today and the Dealer asked me 15000... Would try to make it a little lower than that too... Anything else i need to buy along with this... I know a good handbag is a must and so is memory... Anything besides that...

A quick note:

the ISO of digital cameras is adjustable on the fly. To ensure plenty of flexibility, shop for a camera that has a good range: ISO 100 to 400 is typical in an affordable point-and shoot, and more expensive cameras allow you to use higher settings. Generally, you want to shoot with a low ISO because it results in a sharper picture with less digital noise; but a high ISO is handy for taking pictures at night and in the dark. If you want to do a lot of low-light photography, it's a good idea to look for a camera that has a wider ISO range.

I recommended A95 just coz of tat reason coz it has many ISO settings. THe higher the ISO setting the better it is for darker photography coz then the shutter exposes the sensor a bit longer to get more light in and on the sensor.

IT is more needed in darker conditions coz there is not much light and the film/sensor should be exposed longer for sufficient light. You must have seen the KODAK ISO400 film commercial in which they take wedding photographs and recommend the role for the functions coz of same reason.

The Canon A series also have a nightshot facility which allows to take photograpahs at low light conditions. Essentially it is a slow shutter speed setting which allows to take photos of subjects against dark backgrounds in low light conditions.

My understanding about iso is that - in the same light condition, higher Iso speed allows you to have higher shutter speed for a given aperture as compared to a low iso setting. But the flipside is that low iso settings give you better enlargement.

Well i went there to buy A95 today and my bad luck it was out of stock... Will get it tomorrow though... I saw Nikon 5900 there... Not a bad little cam... Well any comments how it stands up against A95 cause the prices are almost the same...

Count_Down said:
The Canon A series also have a nightshot facility which allows to take photograpahs at low light conditions. Essentially it is a slow shutter speed setting which allows to take photos of subjects against dark backgrounds in low light conditions.

My understanding about iso is that - in the same light condition, higher Iso speed allows you to have higher shutter speed for a given aperture as compared to a low iso setting. But the flipside is that low iso settings give you better enlargement.

Also, higher ISO settings = higher noise/speckling in the images.
Switch.. wait for the A95. One more week or so, it's a better camera than the Nikons.
I got a Caselogic case for 380 and a 512MB CF card for 2400.

switch : you will never ruin your decision to purchase a95 over others.

i have one for last 5 months and i am loving it, for an early enthusiast it has got a lot of features to get emmersed in.

do get a good atleast 512 mb cf card and good set of rechargable batteries minimum 1600 mA (2100 mA is advisable) and a good charger. i have GP made (even sony ones are also good).

if you plan to shoot objects as you mentioned in one of your earlier post do purchase a tripod that will remove handshake factor.

( a tip with a 95 if you want to shoot in dark light a scene of bright light like city line do keep the flash off as it will increase the range and better contrast.)

Chip reviews are crap... They had some stpid HP model as thier best Digi Cam and they rated A85 over A95... Dont get me started on the prices...

A95 doesn't hve audio for video shoots and IMO, A85 is much better than A95...

A95 is bigger and uglier than A85 W/O audio.."n much highly priced..

Spidey said:
A95 doesn't hve audio for video shoots and IMO, A85 is much better than A95...

A95 is bigger and uglier than A85 W/O audio.."n much highly priced..

Nope.. it has audio with the video mode. Stop spreading misinformation...

Ooops, sorry my mistake...it doesn't hve any separate audio only mode...

My pentax has that feature where u can record audio only. or can add a voice message to any still picture u take...like if u take a pic and want to record something attached to that pic..so that u maynot forget later.

TechHead said:
Nope.. it has audio with the video mode. Stop spreading misinformation...

Back