Quine-McClusky Program in C++

kkndka

Adept
Hi guys,
I am doing my second year of engineering and our Digital design teacher has challenged to write a code for the Quine-McClusky Tabular Method of computing the simplified form of a boolean expression.
Basically if the minterms which give 1 as output in a truth table are entered it will return the boolean expression as the output.
There are some algorithms and codes online. But i want to do it from the ground up using my own idea of double dimensional arrays.
do you think its feasible?

kkndka said:
Hi guys,
I am doing my second year of engineering and our Digital design teacher has challenged to write a code for the Quine-McClusky Tabular Method of computing the simplified form of a boolean expression.
Basically if the minterms which give 1 as output in a truth table are entered it will return the boolean expression as the output.
There are some algorithms and codes online. But i want to do it from the ground up using my own idea of double dimensional arrays.

i had done this in my 3rd year 6th semester i believe. but my memories of the exact algo are a bit wavy. so if you can point me to some pdf detailing your version of the algo, then i will be happy to code it for you.

regards,

karan

digital_brain said:
i just did it 2 weeks ago :p im in my 5th sem :p
lets see .. if u want i can uplad it ... :)

upload it re.... will help the guy a lot and will save me some time having to remember it and code it :p that algo rocked :D

Karan said:
upload it re.... will help the guy a lot and will save me some time having to remember it and code it :p that algo rocked :D

Well, nice idea:) , but kkndka has not asked for the complete program, has he?

kkndka said:
But i want to do it from the ground up using my own idea of double dimensional arrays.

He just wants some help... I don't think he wants the complete program... Would defeat the whole purpose of his teacher asking him to do it...:p

Maybe kkndka can clarify...

digital_brain said:
i just did it 2 weeks ago :p im in my 5th sem :p
lets see .. if u want i can uplad it ... :)

sorry for bringing up an old topice would you mind uploading it...
i am sorry, I think I cannot make my own program, but i think I will just make your code as reference. the deadline for submitting it is 3 days from now and there are naby requirements I still need to do...:ashamed:

Back