Rahul Gandhi on Rs 12K minimum income plan for poor

I've said this before. Ask the political parties to furnish an actual agreement with the people of India on the promises they make in their manifesto. Maybe then they'll think with their heads instead of their asses on what promises to make.
Tell me which poll promise has not been met by upa govt.

I wouldn't know as I wasn't an active voter at that time. But I doubt any government in the world ever, has been able to fulfill all the promises that they make.
Then know then write. Do a series study on manifestos and implementation by various parties, make a comparative study, publish it . Don't shoot in the dark.

It is a statistical impossibility for any govt to fulfill it's promises unless they are held to a legal agreement. It is just human nature to make tall claims when asking for a vote as there are no consequences when they fail to fulfill such promises, as we have seen time and time again.
That is the point I am trying to make. And I believe it applies to all political parties and I am not targeting a single party when I say this.

I'll give you an example - Trump said that he would make the wall if elected. He is even trying to get that made. But he still can't fulfill that promise because there are many more extraneous reasons that affect making such a feat come true. However, since there isn't any accountability apart from not getting re-elected, he still went ahead and made that promise when he couldn't possibly have guaranteed the people of America that that wall would be made if he was elected. Kudos to him for actually trying to get it made and not like other politicians who make a U-turn after getting elected. But if there was accountability, he would actually have preferred to make some valid promises which he could fulfill and not resort to 'jumlabaazi' akin to what we saw in India in 2014.

As for the topic in the OP, I have already seen what giving food ration at throwaway prices to the poor has done in my neck of the woods. Most of the male population is no more motivated to work. They earn just enough money to buy the ration and rest they squander on drinking and relaxing at home. I wonder what will happen if now the government starts paying them money on top of it. This scheme can be viable if it replaces the cheap ration scheme. But again, such schemes are detrimental because it takes away the will to earn from people. Nobody will aspire for a 8k or 10k job as they will anyways be getting 12k in the bank when working on a 6k job. They won't feel the need to work extra hard so that they can grind it out and make it to the top. Such schemes don't uplift the poor. Instead they take away the motivation to move out of poverty and make them feel comfortable where they are.

Screw trump. Let's talk about India.
Hadn't upa promised work for 100 days for every one under MNREGA . Wasn't it fulfilled by them and then derailed by Modi ?

Screw trump. Let's talk about India.
Hadn't upa promised work for 100 days for every one under MNREGA . Wasn't it fulfilled by them and then derailed by Modi ?
I've already told you, I don't know as I wasn't an active voter at that time.
However, if they had fulfilled their promises and the people were happy with their performance, why weren't they re-elected.
The same is going to be true for this govt as well. If enough people are not happy with their performance, as many are including myself, they will look for and elect an alternative choice.

The intension of my original post was to ask for accountability in case of party promises so that the 'jumlabaazi' and 'appeasement politics' can stop and the parties be forced to talk about actual relevant topics and make believable and implementable promises to the voters.

some of you may be living under rock.

Modi Promised OROP He delivered

Modi Promised Farm waiver in UP He delivered

Modi Promised Universal healthcare He delivered

Modi Promised 5 Lakh Tax exemption He delivered

Modi Promised Toilet to all He delivered

Modi Promised Electricity to all He delivered

I've already told you, I don't know as I wasn't an active voter at that time.
However, if they had fulfilled their promises and the people were happy with their performance, why weren't they re-elected.
The same is going to be true for this govt as well. If enough people are not happy with their performance, as many are including myself, they will look for and elect an alternative choice.

The intension of my original post was to ask for accountability in case of party promises so that the 'jumlabaazi' and 'appeasement politics' can stop and the parties be forced to talk about actual relevant topics and make believable and implementable promises to the voters.
I just want to know what has RaGa delivered in last 5 year.
can you show me his single poll promise fulfilled?

he just following shoot a lie and scoot strategy.

I just want to know what has RaGa delivered in last 5 year.
can you show me his single poll promise fulfilled?

he just following shoot a lie and scoot strategy.
He belongs to the opposition party. How can he deliver anything in the last 5 yrs when he isn't part of the elected government.

He belongs to the opposition party. How can he deliver anything in the last 5 yrs when he isn't part of the elected government.
I am talking about his elected govt.in karnataka,madhya pradesh,rajsthan.[DOUBLEPOST=1553591391][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am talking about his elected govt.in karnataka,madhya pradesh,rajsthan.

all their business is loot the country and treat India as their private property.

some of you may be living under rock.

Modi Promised OROP He delivered

Modi Promised Farm waiver in UP He delivered

Modi Promised Universal healthcare He delivered

Modi Promised 5 Lakh Tax exemption He delivered

Modi Promised Toilet to all He delivered

Modi Promised Electricity to all He delivered
If you believe that all of this is true, then I also want what you've been smoking.
You talk about electricity, in my village in Harayana, where BTW, even the state govt is of BJP, it is considered a good day when theh get 12hrs of electricity. Usually they get anywhere between 4-6 hrs only. And this is when my uncle went and spent 75k of his own money to get a transformer installed next to his house.

all their business is loot the country and treat India as their private property.
Is Rahul Gandhi the eledted representative or CM of any of those states.

Another fact I hate about these modern political campaigns is that now we have so-called national leaders campaigning even for local elections, whether it is Modi for BJP or Rahul for Congress. People need to understand that those guys are gone after the campaign. You need to be making your voting decisions based on who the actual representative is, because those are the guys who are going to be making the actual state-level decisions and implementing them. None of the national leaders are going to come back and entertain your problems or issues until the next elections.

That's why I wanted to raise the topic of accountability. All these issues go away once you make these politicians accountable for the promises they make. Until then , you and I can keep discussing about the viability of such promises and they'll keep on making them and fooling all those who are gullible.

I am talking about maharashtra about electricty,
we are facing little to no electricity cuts.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...time-Energy-minister/articleshow/50935025.cms

you may not be aware,one island next to mumbai was still witout electricity.it got electricity under modi govt.

https://www.businesstoday.in/curren...tion-greatest-success-story/story/290375.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...jects-power-surplus-after-two-years-of-misses
In the earlier post you said, Modi promise electricity to all and he delivered. When confronted you say, I am talking about Maharashtra.
So which is true. Did he deliver it to all or just Maharashtra

In the earlier post you said, Modi promise electricity to all and he delivered. When confronted you say, I am talking about Maharashtra.
So which is true. Did he deliver it to all or just Maharashtra
Just Mumbai. Go to vidharb area, Marathwada area and see position. I buy cotton from these places. Go to Malegaon, Bhiwandi , ask around about electricity situation

read the links and then talk.he has delivered his promises.I told about my own state when you were talking of your own hurdles.
No he hasn't.
This is what I hate most about these discussions these days. You are claiming something which I know is not true because I am talking about my own life experience. And you have the audacity to tell me that I am wrong. How has he delivered electricity to all, as you said in your post, when I am telling you I don't get it even after spending 75k of my own money to get a transformer installed.

Back