Rahul Gandhi on Rs 12K minimum income plan for poor

Talk is cheap especially from politicians before an election. What is different in the Congress today from the Congress of the past that their sound bytes on jobs, growth, and development can be believed?
Do you disagree that MNREGA pulled thousands out of poverty ? If so provide figures.

the party which never delivered on anything in sixty year,
how can we trust them again?
he wants to spend more than 10 % of our gdp on his scheme.
where is he gonna fund it from?
again tax the middle class.
what we got in modi ji term as 5 lakhs exemption would again go back to say 1.5 lakh or so and that too at higher rate of taxation.
again black money generation and tax chori days back again.

i hope elder remember 97% tax of IG era.

that RG bloke cant even remember what he is taught to say?
you think he can lead the nation?
it will be italian mata seating at national advisory council and again policy paralysis of upa era would set in.

that RG bloke cant even remember what he is taught to say?
you think he can lead the nation?
it will be italian mata seating at national advisory council and again policy paralysis of upa era would set in.
Taught what ?
By a teleprompter
Or an idiot who can't spell strength
Or relies on idiotic acronyms

garibo hatao is their slogan since IG days.why they have still not delivered .
all they did is garibi hatao of their own family.
we all know who was RV and how he got DLF and what not and how many thousand times his wealth increased?>
what happened to his father and brother?
where are they?
does anyone know?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/foi53I8VRK8

garibo hatao is their slogan since IG days.why they have still not delivered .
all they did is garibi hatao of their own family.
we all know who was RV and how he got DLF and what not and how many thousand times his wealth increased?>
what happened to his father and brother?
where are they?
does anyone know?
5 saal Kya kiya koodi ne ? [emoji1787][emoji348] Baja ya ? Kiska bajaya
Go to world bank and see how Cong govt alleviated poor

The world bank is a tool of western interests. They are responsible for forcing countries like India to put the interests of agribusiness like Monsanto over small farmers. They have caused misery around the world by such policies. Why would anyone consider the world bank as an authority on poverty alleviation?
Go to world bank and see how Cong govt alleviated poor
[DOUBLEPOST=1554573392][/DOUBLEPOST]A scheme of good intentions but badly implemented and rife with corruption and vote bank politics, The onus is on Congress to provide a credible and improved plan for the next term with figures.
Do you disagree that MNREGA pulled thousands out of poverty ? If so provide figures.

Last edited:
The world bank is a tool of western interests. They are responsible for forcing countries like India to put the interests of agribusiness like Monsanto over small farmers. They have caused misery around the world by such policies. Why would anyone consider the world bank as an authority on poverty alleviation?
My understanding is they did a report on how India could get out of its fianancial mess sometime in the 80s. Can't remember if it was IMF or WB. Anyway...

Then after the crisis, Narasimha dusted off the report and gave it to Manmohan and told him to implement it. Many of the ideas in there formed the basis of liberalisation that nearly thirty years later we take for granted. We did not completely liberalise, i think only Trump can push that. Vested interests got in the way so we could only go so far. It's lucky that successive govts did not reverse any of the work Manmohan did.

WB has made many loans, one of their key requirements is improved governance, that is how that term entered political parlance.

A scheme of good intentions but badly implemented and rife with corruption and vote bank politics, The onus is on Congress to provide a credible and improved plan for the next term with figures.
Pretty sure you can pin this on any party. Though some implementations of an idea can be better with another party.

Last edited:
@blr_p It was in 1991 when we faced a severe balance of payments crisis (tldr: we were broke) that this happened.
The conditions of the IMF bailout involved liberalisation of the economy and MMS (then finance min.) implemented these changes.

@blr_p It was in 1991 when we faced a severe balance of payments crisis (tldr: we were broke) that this happened.
The conditions of the IMF bailout involved liberalisation of the economy and MMS (then finance min.) implemented these changes.
Corporations, corporations corporations

The world is a business

The network movie

How to get that across to more people here ? They seem to take statements made during the hustings as some sort of afidavit.
Do you think we don't know that?
We just want it to change. Otherwise there is no criteria to vote for someone. We want them to not speak out of their asses and instead make some valid promises that can be delivered and sustained. While you seem to be ok with the fact that politicians lie, and I do believe that that's pragmatic, some people like me hope that that can change due to public pressure.

We just want it to change. Otherwise there is no criteria to vote for someone. We want them to not speak out of their asses and instead make some valid promises that can be delivered and sustained. While you seem to be ok with the fact that politicians lie, and I do believe that that's pragmatic, some people like me hope that that can change due to public pressure.
You should already know by the time the elections are up who you will vote for. The hustings are for the fence sitters so they will say anything to get the vote. They are no different to sales people pushing a brand. In fact its harder they have to be all things to all people coming from all backgrounds educated and not. It's not that i'm ok with the lies i accept it as part & parcel of the trade. This is why we have checks for this sort of thing. Media, social media, free speech etc

As for promises not kept now is the time to have your say. You were mentioning how people had not been brought to book. There are a few cases ongoing but we have a system of innocent until proven guilty. Most are out on bail while case plods on in court and until some thing is found these people are either acquitted or not. What we won't do is roust up people and imprison them beforehand. There has been frustration over this even from govt supporters

Last edited:
When the WB/IMF say good governance they mean good governance for western corporations not for the people of India. They required that we open up the country to western trade and investment. No country has pulled people out of poverty by liberalization imposed by WB/IMF. The key is good governance but that has to be driven by the people of India
WB has made many loans, one of their key requirements is improved governance, that is how that term entered political parlance.

Change cannot come about by just switching between the same corrupt retards. Public pressure should be by refusing to choose between two bad options.

In some countries, if NOTA (none of the above) gets the most votes, a reelection in called.

This is not the case in India where the candidate with most votes is declared the winner even if they got less than NOTA

In some countries, if NOTA (none of the above) gets the most votes, a reelection in called.

This is not the case in India where the candidate with most votes is declared the winner even if they got less than NOTA

What if all votes are NOTA? Think this happened in a village in recent round of assembly elections because no politician has done anything for them and they decided to vote NOTA. What choice do they have apart from conducting elections again? Maybe, that did not have immediate impact, but it did get attention to them.

What people need to to understand is that every political party in a democracy enjoys their power because of the people who are willing to vote for them. This will continue till the day people start giving blind support and a dictatorial regime starts. But even a dictator cannot do anything on his own without support from other people who accept and encourage their corruption.

NOTA doesn't have any meaning today because there are still people who are still ready to chose between bad candidates instead of refusing them. The Rules can also change if enough people stop voting like that. In 2014 general elections, approximately 64 lac people voted NOTA. Its peanuts compared to actual votes. That means that majority of the people are fine with voting corrupt and criminal politicians. Whose fault is that then? The general tendency of most people is that they will not vote for anybody who is cleaner than them. They need corrupt politicians to trivialize their own corruption to themselves.

Even if we look at any educated people working in big companies, they talk about the corruption of say congress, but think nothing of evading taxes using inflated or fake rent, medical or travel receipts themselves. At my own workplace, there was one occasion when a bunch of employees were planing to join a AAP anti corruption rally in the city with their AAP merchandise (caps and t-shits) and even tried to persuade me to join and just 5-10 min later they were discussing about a guy who can provide them fake medical and travel receipts for tax evasion. When I confronted them about their hypocrisy, they tried to justify the difference between them holding black money and a politician holding black money. These are the people who go and vote for another just as corrupted party like BJP and AAP and pat themselves on the back for not voting for "corrupt congress". Our country is so corrupt because that is what majority of the people want.

Back