Rain update for Mumbai

It has now picked up really strong... and it's very windy as well.

Unfortunately, my new house is also on ground floor and there is water rising little bit in my bathroom.

afaik the trains are running late ... but atleast they are running.

If the rains continue at this rate then it may get worse, specially since there's high tide at 4:30 and mithi river over the danger level.

Mithi over danger mark!! :(

If it keeps raining and the high tide is due in sometime now, Those who may leave now may get stuck if the water levels rise and the trains stop somewhere between stations.

Sharekhan just got stranded as the trains stopped and has jumped out of a motionless train near VidyaVihar and is trying to make his way back home somehow.

Even the road situation seems bad with lots of flooding in the usual troublespots- especially the Andheri-Marol-Sakinaka- Kurla- Santacruz areas

And the rain picked up force as i was hitting the 'post' button. :(

Just reached home, Made my may walking to the eastern express highway from Vidyavihar station. Most people on the train had jumped. Its heyday for rickshawallas as they were charging me 300 rs to mulund.

Highways look clear, on the EEH. it was scary around 2-3. Rains have lightened up a bit, however when I was at the station an hour ago, trains both two and fro had literally stopped.

rains seemed to have stopped since a short while now in navi mumbai.

some time back i heard central and harbour lines were down, while western line was running 45 mins late. dunno the latest situation now.

Heavy raining since early morning in Kolhapur (MH), it's just non stop..

Sorry for crapping this thread, but just posted..

Rahulrulez said:
Heavy raining since early morning in Kolhapur (MH), it's just non stop..
Sorry for crapping this thread, but just posted..

Thats good btw...as i guess most dams situated there..or is it nashik??

^^ Continuous downpour in Pune for more than 36hrs now. The drizzle has abated just now but the sky does not look promising. I guess it'll continue showering properly.

But this is good for the water supply. :)

Anyone has any idea on the status of Trains today. Its been raining like crazy past two days.

I am more so concerned about the working of trains on the central line.

Back