Raja Koduri Decided to leave AMD

atiamd

Adept
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/raja-koduri-leaves-amd-radeon,35874.html

Raja Koduri headed the RTG (Radeon Technologies Group) for about 3 4 years and had announced a sabbatical till December 2017 a couple of months ago. Today, I woke up with the sad news of him leaving AMD for good. And, the rumor has it that he might join Intel. Good Gosh!

I remember the time when around 2009, he decided to leave AMD for Apple and then after 4 years came back to AMD. Well, IMO, AMD graphics cards did make noise during his leadership. Polaris was an excellent piece for its price before the mining craze. Vega was a disapointment though and I wish AMD good luck for the future and I really hope that they can keep the competition alive even after this setback. His shoes are large to fill and Lisa Su is taking his position till they find a new person.

The bigger news is Intel will be building discrete GPUs. Lets hope they give NVIDIA some competition as AMD appears to be faltering.

My hunch is most of the good RTG folks will head to intel now.

The bigger news is Intel will be building discrete GPUs. Lets hope they give NVIDIA some competition as AMD appears to be faltering.

My hunch is most of the good RTG folks will head to intel now.
Do you mean the AMD collab with Intel?

Intel should just acquire RTG and give Nvidia run for its money, else we will start having 10-15% performance increases YOY, which used to be 50-60% a few years ago. Looking at the current cycle, it will be close to 2 years and Nvidia is still milking Pascal.

Last edited:
Intel should just acquire RTG and give Nvidia run for its money, else we will start having 10-15% performance increases YOY, which used to be 50-60% a few years ago. Looking at the current cycle, it will close to 2 years and Nvidia is still milking Pascal.
recently nvidia ceo already clarified that volta will only be available mid next year.

Yes, thats what happens when have no competition. Look at what Ryzen did do Intel, left them scrambling and launching products 6 months ahead of schedule, we need competition.

Couldn't agree more buddy. X299 is clearly a rushed released due to ThreadRipper. More competition means always win for consumers.

Top dogs cannot get too far away from the underdogs and leave them in the dust as that would only leave them susceptible to all kinds of anti-monopoly craziness. So they cant and won't and move too far ahead from the competition. If the under dog(s) are not performing, top dogs have no choice but to settle down into the 5-10% improvement mode.

Back