Ram runs default @1333mhz instead of 1600mhz

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Guys I wanted to add extra rams to my setup so decided to pair XMS3 pairs with my Vengeance pair.

While doing so I noticed for the first time (never bothered before) that:
  1. If I install only the pair of XMS3, they run at 1333mhz speeds as default.
  2. If I install only the pair of Vengeance, they run at 1333mhz speeds as default.
  3. If I install both the pairs of XMS3 and Vengeance together, they too all run at 1333mhz speeds as default.
3.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

But on the rams it has clearly printed 1600mhz speed for both the rams.

1.jpg

In BIOS, if I select X.M.P profile under Overclock tuner, it auto selects 1600mhz and upon reboot all the rams run at 1600mhz speed.

5.jpg

6.jpg

So does it mean I have to always keep enable XMP profile in bios to achieve 1600mhz?

Shouldn't it be running by default at 1600 without overclock as printed on the ram??

CPU: 17 2600
Mobo: Asus P8Z68 pro
Rest is all in my signature.

I think even the manuals mention that the default SPD speed will always be lower, you have to enable XMP to run at optimum speed. Nothing wrong with that.

Ya thats what I fiddled self and did those settings. Just wanted to make sure I was on right track and some ifs and butts.
Now read some stuff on google found this is exactly how its suppose to be else rams are only gonna run at 1333 default.

Yup, it is very funny, I have 2 pair of Corsair CMK16GX4M1A2400C16 for both set the timings are 16-16-16-39 , one pair runs natively at 2400 and other at 2133, I have to enable XMP for them to run at the advertised speed
1200-1.jpg
1200-2.jpg

That IS funny, same model number, yet their timings and speeds are different as well. Did you buy them separately?[DOUBLEPOST=1506681915][/DOUBLEPOST]
Guys I wanted to add extra rams to my setup so decided to pair XMS3 pairs with my Vengeance pair.

You should always try to run matched pairs to maximise compatibility and stability.

Thats obviously, but i cannot use other similar rams coz one ram slot was wasted due to my cooler And only yesterday did i found that a ram with smaller size can be slided in somehow to make the slot usable. So i have 4 xsm3 from old pc so thats how i went for it and that was the only best option or else have to remove cooler and use stock to pair another vengeance.

That IS funny, same model number, yet their timings and speeds are different as well. Did you buy them separately?[DOUBLEPOST=1506681915][/DOUBLEPOST]

You should always try to run matched pairs to maximise compatibility and stability.

Yes got one pair for something like 20K from prime the one with 2400 and got the other pair the one with 2133 for around 14K from the TE market

Back