Audio Random IEM / Headphone Rants

No, but sounds like everything I expected it to be and more. I was looking forward to something similar to the HE4 that's easier to drive, but this is apparently not too far off from HE6 and HD800 levels of "awesomeness". Early impressions are misleading which is why being broke right now is a good thing :)

Pardon the typos, need a new phone . The 4.5 yr old iPhone is on its last legs!

I love it when someone brings out a flagship product that I don't crave. It's awesome! Unfortunately for every Harmony there's also stuff like the HE560.
Hehe, this will be my last flagship product for a while. Took a long hard look at my inventory and realized that I'm more of a portable rather than home listener. So will soon put up my hp amp + HD650 + desktop DAC for sale and move to an X5 + hopefully Harmony 8 rig. Lets see!

Hehe, this will be my last flagship product for a while. Took a long hard look at my inventory and realized that I'm more of a portable rather than home listener. So will soon put up my hp amp + HD650 + desktop DAC for sale and move to an X5 + hopefully Harmony 8 rig. Lets see!

Which DAC and AMP is that. I am in the market for both for my HD 650.

Quck update to that Mikros 90 post from here - http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/random-iem-headphone-rants.106883/page-107#post-1938003

Performed the "bass mod" that was mentioned on head-fi and to my surprise it did make a considerable difference. Not something I expected, after all I just pulled a tiny filter that covered an opening at the back of the driver! Feels a bit more "airy" as well now. If someone out there is considering the DT1350 or HD25 you can add the Mikros 90 to that list :) ..they're all a bit different but the Mikros 90 is a lot cheaper.

I recently bought a Xiaomi Mi3 to replace my ailing iPhone (a temp replacement till the next iPhone comes out) and came across what I think are the much talked about and more importantly budget Xiaomi Pistons - http://store.xiaomi.com/sg/item/3141400002

Couldn't resist buying them at about 13USD

Last edited:
Hi,
Need your suggestion. I ordered iem through EMS and now the status is showing 'Send item to customs (Inb)' since 3 days.
What should I do? wait or try to contact them. Looks like they will definitely apply the custom duty

guys need help
i killed one of my AD500 driver.. any ideas where can i get 53mm drivers for them.. i cant even find 50mm drivers
there are so many options for 40mm drivers because of the cult of grado... then there is this turbulent X a.k.a. magnum v5
are there any options for the 53 mm drivers

I was about to buy the T-Peos but then read @ Head-fi that they have bit harsh treble. And I am not a treble person so maybe be a v-sonic or soundmagic E30 next time. Meanwhile, the Xiaomi Pistons are not bad either for their price.

One thing I hate about Head-fi though is the hype they create around a product. I bought a Creative Auravana Live! then a Logitech UE6000(they both sound very similar) then a M50 on their recommendations. Well, the M50 is good but still not all that hype justify any of them.

I don't think M50 is anywhere near a bass-head HP. Creative's bass is much more extended and has a deep presence. I listen to CAL for electronic/techno and disco. They sound superb. While M50 has more treble and better instrument separation. CAL v2 would fall in the bass-head category.

i got from Lendmeurears. got into usual custom loop too but worth the trouble.the sound stage of this is soooo beautiful. and box and accessories just brilliant. if you want can post some pics :)

yes am in mumbai.

I was looking for an upgrade to my 558 and M50 ever since I got the Fiio X3. Finally got the HE-400 delivered from Ebay.in yesterday.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/251074904952?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

My total cost came to 20K + 1.5K customs duty = 21.5K. That's aprox 6-10k less than the other Ebay.in links (between 27- 31K)

Funny thing is, you don't find this link if you do a search on Ebay.in, only the listing starting from 27K and above.

And yes, its directly from Head Direct, so no issues with fakes.
Posting this in the hope that it saves some cash for anyone else looking to buy them. Cheers!

One thing that I noticed on head-fi .. They really don't care or see you with respect if you don't have a high end headphone or gear. I have Clip+ and Cowon D2 with tekfusion ecoofers, The sound of these IEM's are pretty good however the wire/cord sucks, When I posted that gear on headfi, One of a member ask me if I am Joking. My Idea of listening to music is very different, I can't listen to music tied with a amplifier in confined space of my room. I take my music with me on some of the worlds beautiful places and then listen to music. For example. Sitting on the bank of Pangong Tso river in Ladakh and liatening to music. Or watching the sky at night with full of stars at Leh and listening to music. However they might not understand the Joy of it.

Back