Audio Random IEM / Headphone Rants

@kenpachiroks - Those RE-272s look great! Congrats. I loved all the Hifiman IEMs that I managed to try. I was an unlucky owner though and had all of them fail on me, wasn't just cable issues, the drivers themselves would cease to work.

As for your earlier question about the Noble ciems. I did consider them but it was working out to be quite a bit more expensive. I wanted to stick to silicone since my older JH13s did cause some discomfort after long use, the Noble silicone options were way over my budget :D
Thank you. :)
My venerable 272s look quite sturdy. Strain relief, cable, et al. I believe HiFiMAN introduced their improved build quality(over the previous models) with the 262/272?
I understand why they were so popular despite the build issues. God, they do weave magic.:headphone:
Makes me want to try the RE-600 all the more. Have you?
------------
Haven't your Music-2s landed yet?

hello... just got my new headphones beyerdynamic dt1350.:)
have to say they sound amazing out of the box... got via amazon USA and got a free priority shipping:D
Clarity, sound staging is amazing, bass is deep without any boominess
But u got to ensure u have the best recording on ur dap these are mighty revealing
46.jpg

any one can tell me if sansa clip sport is worth upgrading over sansa clip zip...
It is perhaps too early to say. Until the first reviews come in.
The larger (LCD)screen is welcome. As long as its responsive enough we should have no reason to complain.
The lack of audio recording(being reported) is puzzling.
Rockbox support will be a major factor as well. We don't know yet if Sansa has meddled with the internals. Although this post(if true) is disheartening.
New in-ears bundled with the player. Most wouldn't care but I did like the earbuds.

The lack of audio recording is kind of a deal breaker for me(If they haven't improved the sound quality of course).

As a new buyer, it would be safer to buy the Clip+/Zip for now(until we are clear on the details).
An upgrade for the Clip Zip, I'm not so sure.

Last edited:
Makes me want to try the RE-600 all the more. Have you?
------------
Haven't your Music-2s landed yet?

Haven't tried the RE-600. But the impressions/reviews sing its praises. I'm a bit of a hifiman fanboy to be honest, all my opinions of their products will never be trustworthy :p

Piotr wanted to redo my Music 2s, he wasn't satisfied with the shell on the first build. Think it shipped out 2 days ago, but via normal mail to avoid GST and having to go down to the foreign post office and collect it in person.....a 10-14 day wait easy I think.

BTW, any links to any information on the Fostex TE-07, hadn't heard of it till you put up that picture!

@sumeet3011 - Great buy, a lot of people claim the DT1350 is a step up from the HD25. Which Fiio amp is that?....Mont Blanc?

@Ritvik - its alot less fun then hd25! :p hahaha thankfully sumeet stays at my dad's hometown so would love to go there sometime and do a compare between the two :)

Congrats on the purchase! loook super sweet!

@Ritvik - the discount for the music 2 is over right?

@Ritvik - its alot less fun then hd25! :p hahaha thankfully sumeet stays at my dad's hometown so would love to go there sometime and do a compare between the two :)

Congrats on the purchase! loook super sweet!

@Ritvik - the discount for the music 2 is over right?
Haha that's true. My version of the HD25 was a bit different though, slightly harder to drive. It was the HD25-II-13 which is the 600ohm version of the HD25-II.

I think the discount is over. Although mailing them is a good option, great customer support

were having a meet in march in mumbai! but can def catch up in april when ur done, id love to hear the beyers /

ritvik - did u demo these @ sg before ordering?

The Music Two? If its them you're talking about, then no. A friend suggested trying it out, he been talking to other people about them and heard the Music One was a very capable single driver ciem. They have a dealer in SG now, I ordered mine about 3 or 4 days before they announced the tie up. I dont think they have the Music Two demo in SG, just the other Custom Art offerings.

gunner i almost picked the im70 up, still waiting, lol wondering, u know the drill, the im02 is supposed to be fantastic with vocals.

guptaji, ill keep u posted , r u from mumbai>?

Back