Audio Random IEM / Headphone Rants

After almost 2 years of being without an headphone for a desktop, I got these with the help of my brother. The Brainwavz HM5.

Sorry for the low quality shots, Oneplus One is the only decent camera I've got now.

1I8xqml.jpg

These are huge but are surprisingly light weight. The cables are color coded as well as removable.​

unDzUvW.jpg

The headphones are made of rubberized plastic except for the aluminum(?) plate as you can see it shining here.​

inqRuev.jpg

Huge pads. As comfortable as they look here. Isolation is excellent too.​

6sEtu3e.jpg

Use them with my brother's Scarlett 2i2. They're easy to drive.​

xxiuuGd.jpg

Bonus Shot.​

As for the sound, these are the exceptional as far as I can hear. I don't have much experience with headphones but I'll try to explain the sound sig. I'd say these are Neutral with fantastic clarity. Bass is flat except for a slight mid-bass bump. The bump is very subtle though. Mids are glorious here. The most detailed Mids I've heard. I'd say slightly warm too due to the mid-bass bump but I think that's a good thing, as it makes the music feel more engaging. It's more emphasized on the upper-mids so female vocals sound better. Not to say that Male vocals aren't good just that female vocals shine a bit more. In fact the male vocals are also the best I've heard since these are the highest quality headphones in my possession now.

Treble is fortunately for me not emphasized a lot. They are a bit boosted in the lower treble region but it's not to the point of making it harsh. Guitars have that bite and cymbals are super detailed. But the best aspect of the treble is timbre, it's spot on. Stringed instruments and cymbals actually sound so natural. Live albums sounds the best on these cans.

Soundstage is actually present. These are the first cans where I've detected some space in the sounds so can't say much about it unfortunately.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to write about availability. Got these from Flipkart for 7k. Amazon has it too but for 17k which is just ridiculous.

http://www.flipkart.com/brainwavz-h...hones/p/itme9znctucwjvqx?pid=ACCE9ZNCQAGDHNYR
The plastic near the headband tends to break overtime.
Thats the only drawback i have faced till date. Mine are unusable now, sigh...

Agree but the build is as flimsy as they come. Sister has just busted through her second ES-18 in the past two and half years. First one died all of a sudden just out of the warranty period while the second's right driver housing was ripped after a minor tumble she had from her moped. The pair was inside her backpack.

My Pistons 2 though are solidly built and have taken much more abuse than my sis can ever hope to inflict. They are phased out though which is why I asked about Pistons 3.

will do, i just got the shipment notification this morning so another three weeks to go lol also on order a Aune M2 Pro dap... dont think its shipped yet though..:banghead:

Back