Audio Random IEM / Headphone Rants

hes doing it in batches of 10 at the moment, tune's them himself. lemme get it first. will hook u up if u want, supposed to shame earbuds in the triple digit price range ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1461056925][/DOUBLEPOST]for headphones the bh2 is way better, sound is more fuller and cleaner. takstar will sing.. cant compare a 99$ amp with a 50$ one... nx1 is more for iems since output does not have that much current.

Last edited:
I already had foam tips that came with the pack. They fell apart/teared up.

That's why I thought to buy comply.

I like the sound it produce with foam tips.

After almost 2 years of being without an headphone for a desktop, I got these with the help of my brother. The Brainwavz HM5.

Sorry for the low quality shots, Oneplus One is the only decent camera I've got now.

1I8xqml.jpg

These are huge but are surprisingly light weight. The cables are color coded as well as removable.​

unDzUvW.jpg

The headphones are made of rubberized plastic except for the aluminum(?) plate as you can see it shining here.​

inqRuev.jpg

Huge pads. As comfortable as they look here. Isolation is excellent too.​

6sEtu3e.jpg

Use them with my brother's Scarlett 2i2. They're easy to drive.​

xxiuuGd.jpg

Bonus Shot.​

As for the sound, these are the exceptional as far as I can hear. I don't have much experience with headphones but I'll try to explain the sound sig. I'd say these are Neutral with fantastic clarity. Bass is flat except for a slight mid-bass bump. The bump is very subtle though. Mids are glorious here. The most detailed Mids I've heard. I'd say slightly warm too due to the mid-bass bump but I think that's a good thing, as it makes the music feel more engaging. It's more emphasized on the upper-mids so female vocals sound better. Not to say that Male vocals aren't good just that female vocals shine a bit more. In fact the male vocals are also the best I've heard since these are the highest quality headphones in my possession now.

Treble is fortunately for me not emphasized a lot. They are a bit boosted in the lower treble region but it's not to the point of making it harsh. Guitars have that bite and cymbals are super detailed. But the best aspect of the treble is timbre, it's spot on. Stringed instruments and cymbals actually sound so natural. Live albums sounds the best on these cans.

Soundstage is actually present. These are the first cans where I've detected some space in the sounds so can't say much about it unfortunately.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to write about availability. Got these from Flipkart for 7k. Amazon has it too but for 17k which is just ridiculous.

http://www.flipkart.com/brainwavz-h...hones/p/itme9znctucwjvqx?pid=ACCE9ZNCQAGDHNYR

Congrats .....This is most recommended one.

but hope you know that the serious HM5 Headband Cracking issue - No matter what it will last 7 to 10 Months (Up to 1 Year) if regular careful usage...and once the crack appear it will stop until it breaks and Brainwavez will decline any responsibility if it under warranty period...by stating it's user flaw.

This is a serious design flaw and crack appear due to hollow channel and weak plastic.

Suggest me an IEM under 4k please.

Need is Base with balanced highs/lows. Music should not be irritating to ears when on high volume due to treble.

L shaped connector, tangle free wire, good base (but should not destroy highs/lows). It should stay in ears tight and should not be falling every minute or so.
I have shortlisted these:
1. Beyerdynamic DX120iE Dynamic
2. Beyerdynamic DX160IE Premium
3. Sony MDR-XB70AP
4. Audio-Technica - ATH-CKX9iS

I own Brainwavz S1.

My newly arrived Havi B3 developed some nasty cracks on the left housing. Which i think also led to channel imbalance. :(

Fortunately applying a lil m-seal and using different size tips has helped a lot to fix the sound.

TwBGtl7.jpg

2HO4pG0.jpg

4a0cKj1.jpg

GT0VNG4.jpg

NcvQaWe.jpg

d9v3ZiI.jpg

GT0VNG4.jpg

How is Brainwavz RMA done?
Brainwavz Audio India told me following for replacing my 2 month old Delta IEM
We would like you to destroy your earphones with the following steps:

1. Cut up your earphones into many pieces, please cut the main wire in 4 different places at the very least, it is not sufficient to only cut the wire once or twice. If the wire is not cut up in 4 different places we will ask you to cut it more before we can send a replacement. It is very important that your earphones are cut up in to many pieces.

2. Write on a piece of paper your order number, this ticket number and your full name

3. Take a picture of the destroyed earphones with the piece of paper with your info.

4. Attach the image to this Email

5. ADD TO THIS EMAIL YOUR CURRENT SHIPPING ADDRESS

PLEASE DO NOT DISPOSE OFF THE EARPHONE UNTIL WE CONFIRM TO SEND REPLACEMENT. Once we confirm the image we will arrange a replacement to be sent to you.

Again please remember to cut up your earphones into at least 4 or more pieces and do not dispose of your earphones until we verify your images and confirm a replacement is on its way.

Should you not want to destroy your earphones or unable to send digital images to us then you can opt to mail back your earphones to us, if you prefer to do this then reply back informing us and we will provide mailing instructions.

Please let us know if you have any questions. Again I am very sorry that your earphones developed a fault.

Thanks
How can they be so cruel?

How is Brainwavz RMA done?
Brainwavz Audio India told me following for replacing my 2 month old Delta IEM
We would like you to destroy your earphones with the following steps:

1. Cut up your earphones into many pieces, please cut the main wire in 4 different places at the very least, it is not sufficient to only cut the wire once or twice. If the wire is not cut up in 4 different places we will ask you to cut it more before we can send a replacement. It is very important that your earphones are cut up in to many pieces.

2. Write on a piece of paper your order number, this ticket number and your full name

3. Take a picture of the destroyed earphones with the piece of paper with your info.

4. Attach the image to this Email

5. ADD TO THIS EMAIL YOUR CURRENT SHIPPING ADDRESS

PLEASE DO NOT DISPOSE OFF THE EARPHONE UNTIL WE CONFIRM TO SEND REPLACEMENT. Once we confirm the image we will arrange a replacement to be sent to you.

Again please remember to cut up your earphones into at least 4 or more pieces and do not dispose of your earphones until we verify your images and confirm a replacement is on its way.

Should you not want to destroy your earphones or unable to send digital images to us then you can opt to mail back your earphones to us, if you prefer to do this then reply back informing us and we will provide mailing instructions.

Please let us know if you have any questions. Again I am very sorry that your earphones developed a fault.

Thanks
How can they be so cruel?

That is hilarious. I wonder if you have to write down the ticket number in with your blood.

Back