Rapidshare's ridiculous 2.66GB/day limit!

The new rapidshare.com policy has been killing me.The new policy has reduced the download limit from 10 gig per day to 80 gig per month!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

This issue aside I am not able to download even 2.66GB per day.If I am downloading a movie of say 700MB, the downloading process has stopped at around 40-50%.I use download accelerator.So resuming also never helps.
I haven't even reached the per day limit and rapidshare flashes me a friggin stupid message that I have reached the limit for the day.I dont know what's going on with these guys.:huh:

BTW, I am a premium user and have a BSNL unlimited connection.

I hate downloading through torrents coz I find them too slow.Plus megaupload servers are a little slow too, though they dont have much of a hassle.
I dont know how to bypass this issue.Some help here from the gurus and gyanmasters will be appreciated:)

Private Trackers give awesome speeds.....

But at 1mbps its 10 gb a day only....wish i had more bandwidth :(

Seedbox is way cheaper :bleh:

Simple Calculation: RS - 2.66gb Per day, 30 days = 2.66* 30 = 79.8Gb

Seedbox gives u 1TB Traffic @ 850 :) ,how much u your desktop depends on your connection speed :)

my vote seedbox :hap2:

This policy had almost made me leave RS premium altogether. My 2 Megs bandwidth was going to waste each day. But thankfully spoke to my RS dealer recently & he said that he had that 10GB a/c to offer as well, just that I never asked for it. :p

So recently renewed & got the 10GB limit plus it shows (+19GB) which means an added 19GB of Trafficshare in my a/c. :hap2:

There is no way to bypass the 2.6GB limit. You need to wait for a day or 2 till it carries forward & you can download 4-5GB in one night, which is stupid. Better check with your RS dealer if he has those 10GB ones to offer.

zhopudey said:
Buy more trafficshare. Thats the only solution :p

How do I do that?

rent a seedbox?/QUOTE]

This is in relation with Torrents you say?

@Supra,
Adding on salt to the injury?Not cool dude:no:
Anyways, you are lucky that you have an older account.:hap2:

When it comes to torrents, I use limewire to download the stuff coz I find the same download process with Bittorrent too slow.But most of the times the sources aren't available.I know both are clients,but dunno where the problem in slowness lies.

Wat's this deal with 'private trackers'?

Supra said:
u got it for phree lamer
First day i dloaded 18gigs :D from then it was stuck to 2.66 :mad:
Refrained from dloading anyhting for 3 days because i wanted to dload a 8gig HD movie :| man this really blows.

raptor3624 said:
How do I do that?

rent a seedbox?

This is in relation with Torrents you say?
Yes , its in relation to torrents , you can download torrents lightnig fast to your seedbox and then download them to your pc using ftp/http with resume just like RS premium

SunnyBoi said:
First day i dloaded 18gigs :D from then it was stuck to 2.66 :mad:
Refrained from dloading anyhting for 3 days because i wanted to dload a 8gig HD movie :| man this really blows.

Ethan_Hunt said:
^18 gigs in one day? What internet connection are you on? :S

look at the arse's sig! :mad:

manu1991 said:
Yes , its in relation to torrents , you can download torrents lightnig fast to your seedbox and then download them to your pc using ftp/http with resume just like RS premium

Ok, So, in effect downloading from the seedbox to my hard drive would be the only time consuming thing, right?I hope saving a torrent in the seedbox doesn't take time.

What's the rent like for a seedbox?I have a 3 month RS account which I keep extending after it's expiry.This account costs me close to Rs.1800:mad:

Some googling tells me that I have to login to the seedbox server using a remote login.What are the chances of my login being disrupted?
Also, which is the best seedbox server that I have to rent out?:huh:

Could someone help me out with trafficshare thing?Not able to understand it from the RS site.

Please bear with my questions.I am a noob at this :D

Using a seedbox to download content is just not the main usage....

Some points for which I learnt from Usage
1) Private Trackers give awesome speeds as most seeders (People sharing the content are either seedboxes or have high speed broadband connections and I am not talking about 1-10 mbps connections ...more like 50-100 mbps connections)
Private trackers which are elite have large no. of seeders or high speed seeders

So you get max speed directly.....if the seeders are slow what will a seedbox do download it faster :rofl:, no it will download at same speed you will download at home...

So whats the point of downloading it twice
Tracker --> Seedbox (seedbox speed)
Seedbox --> PC (your connection speed)

Tracker --> PC (your connection speed)

I see no point in this

2) Seedbox is mainly for buffer making or ratio building
Why : because private trackers give high speeds as their r too many seeders or high speed seeders, so ratio is paramount.....
Low ratio and you get banned
Rather than paying for RS I prefer seedbox prices to build good ratios so that I don't have to worry about ratio again.....

3) Seedbox is also useful to release content (uploaders)....

PS : If you are a uploader you don't need to read this anyway :p

E.g. if you have internet speed you can probably download at speeds excess of 8 MB/s on private trackers and I don't feel anyone will feel thats slow....:bleh:

As a matter of fact, I just searched for seedbox in the forum after I my reply.I'll go through it thanks.

RS is already loosing a lot of customers coz of this policy.I am just gonna use my RS points to extend my account for a month.Else, will see how this trafficshare thing works out after you guys reply to the questions.

Back