Raspberry Pi 4 announced with 4K support and up to 4GB of RAM

6pack

ex-Mod

rpi4b.png

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB - Rs. 3,960

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2GB - Rs. 3,240

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 1GB - Rs. 2520

India prices from - https://www.silverlineelectronics.in/raspberry-pi-4-model-b-4gb.html

The Raspberry Pi Foundation has announced the fourth version of its miniature budget computer. The Raspberry Pi 4 keeps the same form-factor and $35 starting price of its predecessor, but it has improved specs across the board. It now comes with up to 4GB of RAM (four times that of any previous Pi), a faster CPU and GPU, faster Ethernet, dual-band Wi-Fi, twice the amount of HDMI outputs, and two USB 3 ports.

Source - The Verge

Last edited by a moderator:

I am running a 24X7 torrent downloader on my brand new RPi with flexget/RSS combo on dietpi. Even with the tiny passive heatsinks my RPi idles at 53C (with top cover off ) and this new one gets toasty AF but whoops the RPi 3B+ across all paramtere.
Active cooling will be necessary for long term usage. The official RPi case is a gas oven in my opinion.

I don't need this performance for a headless RPi but the USB 3.0 is something I feel is a important step up.

was planning to purchase rPi3+,
But now will purchase 4 only.

4Gig is out of stock @silverline.
Any other sellers?
From the official site-
Ouch just noticed its OoS there as well. I saw them in stock yesterday...

some sellers are selling the 4gb version on Amazon for almost 5k. 1k plus markup on all the pi 4 versions on amazon. Most probably due to amazon selling and listing fees.

I am curious, having seen people praising this little wonder, what are the various use cases for this thing....I intend to run ESXI on top...though
I bought the pi to use as a 24x7 torrent downloader with automated RSS feeds which retrieves torrent files based on a string pattern automatically and downloads them. I also plan to install pi-hole on it and use it as a DNS sinkhole to block ads across all devices in my home network.

I bought the pi to use as a 24x7 torrent downloader with automated RSS feeds which retrieves torrent files based on a string pattern automatically and downloads them. I also plan to install pi-hole on it and use it as a DNS sinkhole to block ads across all devices in my home network.

Is there a guide to do this. Being amateur on PI would be helpful.

Is there a guide to do this. Being amateur on PI would be helpful.
Don't worry mate. I was an amateur 1 week back as well. But some UNIX knowlege would be helpful.If not then stackoverflow is your buddy.

PFA the thread and use dietpi eyes closed. Only issue I have now is that I can't write to Windows shared drives.

I am curious, having seen people praising this little wonder, what are the various use cases for this thing....I intend to run ESXI on top...though
The new pi has 2 usb3 ports and 2 usb2, gigabit ethernet, very low poer consumption, dual hdmi for multimonitor, powerful quad core processor and now upto 4gb ram. You can do any thing that requires 24/7 operation at low power requirement, that requires high bandwidth, or want to attach storage.

People use it for torrent servers, file servers, backup servers, HTPC connected to tv, local server, Local dns server for ad blocking, or for small homebrew projects. Or you can use it for all of the above together for like 3k. Also based on linux so it can do loads more with less resources.

Forexample you trade in shares, you could have two monitors attached with screens that constantly update share prices etc. or use it to power ad displays in shops or malls. literally infinite uses.

Ordered 2 Raspberry pi for a great price from Amazon. 1gb and 2gb. Will make a simple NAS and some experimenting with the other. Thinking of cooling them with a 60mm fan :D

Back