Raspberry Pi Development Thread

avi

Skilled
Anybody here into development / programming of Pi ? If you know any links/sites/tutorials regarding, then reply here & I will add them.

I was searching something & stumbled upon : Computer Laboratory: Baking Pi - Operating Systems Development

It's a FREE class by Cambridge University which teaches us to build a simple OS for Pi !! prerequisites are knowledge of Programming Languages & basics of Assembly languages.

They have other tutorials as well, check out : Computer Laboratory: Computer Lab Raspberry Pi Tutorials

If people here are interested, then we could create our crew & work towards building something for Pi. If you have already started, then do share about it.

Assembly language is NOT that difficult. You can learn within few days :)

but for this course it is NOT necessary, but basic knowledge would be beneficial.

I vaguely remember some old thread where Raspberry Pis were group ordered, but I sort of got distracted at the time. How does one go about purchasing a RPi currently?

For using Pi for things like Download BOX, FTP server, Media streamer ready-to-follow guides are given
For real development you will have to learn Python and Assembly(for making kernel), Cambridge university has published a detailed guide on same
Raspberry Pi Blog

I am thinking of buying one to make my TV smart. :p
I suppose it can be powered from the TV's USB ports.
btw, is there any way to control the Pi from android over LAN?
(if so, I wouldn't have to buy any wireless kb/mice).

I am thinking of buying one to make my TV smart. :p
I suppose it can be powered from the TV's USB ports.
btw, is there any way to control the Pi from android over LAN?
(if so, I wouldn't have to buy any wireless kb/mice).

1. It can't be powered from my TV's USB port because my TV gives 300-400 mAh power and RPi needs 700 mAh.

2. It can be controlled from Android if it's on network (with XBMC).

3. It can also be controlled by TV remote if your TV has HDMI-CEC. (2 of my 4 TVs has it including 2009 model TV).

This is the product I brought from Ebay
Belkin USB 4-Port Powered Desktop Hub F4U040sa
Item ID 331085076885
Seller techstuff_in1

I have tried 32GB PD and all my external drives are powered externally so dont remember using any USB powered HDD. But the output power rating of each of the ports is 500mA which is same as a USB 2.0 port so it should work.

I've used the same Belkin Hub(F4U040sa) with a TP-Link USB WiFi adapter WN721n, Logitech G1 mouse(laser), keyboard, WD 2.5'' 250gb HDD, Belkin Notebook Cooler, and a PD, all work at the same time and are powered easily by the hub.

Back