Budget 0-20k Raspberry Pi for Android TV box - please help !!!!

Skyh3ck

Adept
Hello

I wish to have Android TV at home,

since its difficult and costly to order TV box from China, i am thinking about
using Raspberry Pi and convert it to Android TV box.

Main use willbe Youtube, Hotstar, movies, etc.

I have never used Raspberry or any such items, can you please giude me what items are requied, cables, keyboard, software, total cost etc. where can i get all this.

also i know there are some other compititor to raspberry also like asus, roku etc,,

please guide me

+1 to that. I use a Raspberry Pi for a torrent downloader and if you want something that will work out of the box without too much hassle a FireStick would suit your use case far better.

For streaming purpose get the firetv stick, No headache for the widevine certification - hence FHD/4K streaming always....the best part Amazon provide update for a very long time.

Does directive has usb media player and Hotstar app.. i wish to connect external hard drive or pen drive so that some of the content can be played offline

Does directive has usb media player and Hotstar app.. i wish to connect external hard drive or pen drive so that some of the content can be played offline

Last time I checked Fire TV 4K wasn't able to detect any NTFS partition which goes for Large HDD, For this matter I suggest go for Mi TV Box 4K from Mi India website for 3.5K

MiBox has been launched @ 3499/- check that out.
draw backs -
RAM: 2GB DDR3 / Storage: 8GB eMMC - this sucks. rather get a chinese android box with SM Logic chipset

MiBox has been launched @ 3499/- check that out.
draw backs -
RAM: 2GB DDR3 / Storage: 8GB eMMC - this sucks. rather get a chinese android box with SM Logic chipset

This box will be significant to those people and sell very well for those who are into Streaming - All widevine certification in there...with inclusion of Amazon Prime Video in the firmware all leading streaming platform is now there....plus added benefit is external storage option for offline videos...which Firetv stick lacks.

The similar kind of feature available next to this box is nvidia tv which is never makes it’s way to India, and importing here cost a bomb.

Those who have only with offline content, they can’t get much benefit from this box and may go with Chinese tv box with almost no software support.

thanks all, i am thinking about that Sanyo, Kaizen 32 inch TV, any comment on that

also i will get a 8gb or 4 gb raspberry just for fun

Back