Raspberry Pi

I received the Raspberry Pi today and spent some time making a case for it using Lego blocks :) There are some ready made Lego cases available for the Pi which are expensive, so I just used normal blocks from my son's play basket. Took a few iterations of make & break, in the end it turned out to be surprisingly good and the fit is perfect :yahoo:

View attachment 13261

Hope your kiddo will not pull it apart thinking of playing with it :)....

I got my Raspberry delivered today :yahoo:

I am primarily gonna use it as my download box. I have a few questions though:

a. I have Dell IN2020M which has DVI and VGA input. I am already using DVI input for my PC. Should I buy a HDMI to VGA converter for Raspberry or buy a DVI splitter?

b. Since I am gonna be using mostly for downloading alone, would you recommend setting up raspberry initially and use my PC to remote in to raspberry and manage downloads?

c. Has been anybody been using a similar setup?

I got my Raspberry delivered today :yahoo:
PI got a PI :lol: Congrats ...
For point b) I think accessing it remotely would make more sense once you have set it up and configured properly.
Let us know how the torrents d/l perform on this one and whats the max load it can take for parallel downloads.

If you want to power up & run it as stand alone download device how do you run using USB ? (Where to fetch power for USB)

No one will run laptop 24*7 just to power up PI using USB right ?

Does adapter come with PI ?

I got my Raspberry Pi today. Now to find some time to play with it :D

Congrats, With this device its more trouble to get proper stand / box rather then configure.

Duh, why are they selling just nu*e box, extra box in 2-5 USD wont harm right.

Got my Pi today, its smaller than I thought.
Now I have to get the necessary hardware for it like power adapter, hdmi to dvi cable, powered usb hub and extra keyboard + mouse.
Will play with it this weekend :)

So what do you guys use it for? I got it up and running with the latest raspian image and am disappointed with the browser performance. Is it possible to get smooth web browsing experience on the Pi using any other distribution?

In other news, there is a team working on porting Android 4.0 (ICS) to Pi and have made good progress. Hardware Acceleration is also working. I am really excited for that.

between this and a MK02 , what will be better?

You planning to convert a normal TV to smart TV ? If yes then I also want to do something similar. Already have a 46" LCD at home but it is 2 years old and not smart TV. This seems cheaper option than buying a new TV altogether.

Back