Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Just watched Civil War in Imax. Absolutely blown away. One of the most harrowing movies I've seen in a long time. I even got secondhand panic attack watching certain sequences in this film. Tough, complicated themes and the ideas scared the shiz outta me. The powerful cinematography and sound design just elevated this thing to outer space.

What a movie.

Have been a huge fan of Alex Garland for a long time and he's just delivered in spades this time.

10/10.
Definitely should watch it in Imax. The first few minutes and last 20 minutes the sound effect of war zone was an absolute stunner. This movie is very raw. Gives you a real perspective of civil war. The violence is unimaginable in this movie. In the end nobody needs a war and no one wins a war, that is a clear message from this movie.
That casual interrogation and execution scene with the bodies piled up behind for mass burial was chilling.

Late Night With The Devil - 8/10. Short and enjoyable. Not really trying to be scary in a jump scare kind of way. It's just a very dark, interesting movie.

Poor Things - 4/10. I think it is supposed to be some kind of feminist allegory for men's attempts to control women's bodies. But there was a truly unnecessary amount of graphic sex in it and it seemed to glorify prostitution as the answer to all your problems. I found the whole thing kind of morally degenerate. Giving it a 4 because at least the bizzaro visuals were fun.

Back