Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

ubergeek said:
speaking of japanese movies i just saw

kikuijiro by takeshi kitano the movie will surely melt your heart
I have a collection of kitano movies. He hardly talks in his movies, like arnie in the terminator series. He's a great film maker but sometimes he comes through as "fake" to me. I think he felt that too when he made glory to the film maker, where he ridicules his own work.

Bluffmaster said:
Emraan Hasmi along with Abhay deol is one of the most underrated actors of bollywood. His chemistry with Soha was perfect. Soha is a natural actor, she is looking very cute as well.

I agree with you on that. I do feel Emraan Hashmi is a pretty decent actor. He's just been labeled as the 'serial kisser' and he had done a couple of total nonsense movies, because of which no one notices him. Soha is also a nice actor. I'm eager to watch this one now. I think I'll go for it sometime this week.

Bluffmaster said:
Tum Mile : 3.5/5

Mantra does well in a Supporting role.

I found that Emraan Hasmi's friend to be someone i knew (not personally :p) and voice was very familiar. Its now that you told, i remember it is RJ Mantra (Mumbai Local on 93.5 RED FM) guy :)

viralbug said:
I agree with you on that. I do feel Emraan Hashmi is a pretty decent actor. He's just been labeled as the 'serial kisser' and he had done a couple of total nonsense movies, because of which no one notices him. Soha is also a nice actor. I'm eager to watch this one now. I think I'll go for it sometime this week.

Same goes for Mallika Sherawat too. Probably the best actress for comedy at the moment in bollywood. She was great it that movie with Rahul Bose.

^I agree. I like her, she is a pretty decent actor. But what has happened to her? She has like completely disappeared from the limelight.

@Raks : Mantra is also a very good VJ. I have seen him anchoring on Zoom and various talk shows on NDTV.

Regarding Mallika Sherawat, I actually think she looks good. I'm not talking about the skin she shows, but she does have a good face. She acts ok too. Atleast better than some other idiots.

Full metal jacket catches your attention till the middle then it starts to become cliche. Though, Just for the first half or so, this movie is a classic.

I think this is how the sergeant makes an appearance
If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human, fu@king beings. You are nothing but unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibian sh!t. Because I am hard you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair. There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on niggers, kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless. And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved Corps. Do you maggots understand that?
This is probably the best scene.
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Do you think I'm cute, Private Pyle? Do you think I'm funny?
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, no, sir!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Then wipe that disgusting grin off your face.
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, yes, sir.
[tries to stop smiling]
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Well, any fu@king time, sweetheart!
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, I'm trying, sir.
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Private Pyle I'm gonna give you three seconds; exactly three-fu@king-seconds to wipe that stupid looking grin off your face or I will gouge out your eyeballs and skull-fu@k you! ONE! TWO! THREE!
Private Gomer Pyle: Sir, I can't help it, sir.
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Bullsh!t! Get on your knees scumbag!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: [Pyle drops down to his knees]
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Now choke yourself.
Private Gomer Pyle: [Pyle wraps his own hands around his throat]
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Goddamn it, with MY hand, numb-nuts!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: [Pyle reaches for Hartman's hand]
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Don't pull my fu@king hand over there! I said choke yourself; now lean forward and choke yourself!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: [choking Pyle] Are you through grinning?
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Bullsh!t, I can't hear you!
Private Gomer Pyle: [louder] Sir, yes, sir.
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Bullsh!t, I STILL can't hear you! Sound off like you've got a pair!
Private Gomer Pyle: SIR, YES, SIR!
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: That's enough; get on your feet. Private Pyle you had best square your ass away and start sh!tting me Tiffany cufflinks or I will definitely fu@k you up!

broadway said:
Full metal jacket catches your attention till the middle then it starts to become cliche. Though, Just for the first half or so, this movie is a classic.

I think this is how the sergeant makes an appearance

This is probably the best scene.

The first half of Full Metal Jacket was an absolute classic. Its only when the war started things got a little boring. I rate R. Lee Ermey performance in that movie as one of the best I have ever seen.

I don't know but I've been told
Eskimo pussy is mighty cold!
Hmm good!
Feels good!
Is good!
Real good!
Tastes good!
Mighty good!
Good for you!
Good for me!

I don't want no teenage queen
I just want my M-14
If i die in combat zone
Box me up and ship me home

Pin my medals upon my chest
Tell my mom i've done my best

And the classic ....
Me so horny, me love you long time!

district 9 - 8/10 (good for low budget sci fi flick)

9 - 5/10 (no powerful script to hold you one)

i love you betty cooper - 6/10 (okiesh comedy.. you get to see hayden's assets.. well almost)

london dreams - 3/10 (pathetic as other recent releases)

blue - 3/10 (got bored even when i was seeing for free... imagine that)

regards

neo

Back