Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Fury - 9/10.. Awesome must watch war movie. Everything was funtastic.

Gone Girl - 8/10... Again an awesome movie. Nice story line. It was A rated movie with all the scenes cut.o_O

Fury 8/10 - The entire theater got so bloody excited during the start of the love making scene and then the interval came, there was a collective aah! disappointment!

Interstellar 6/10
Meh...
meh acting...
meh characters...
meh camera...
meh concept...

SciFi movies like these are the worst. Gives an idea to common people that you can actually go back in time if you fall in a blackhole(forgot about spaghettification). stupid...
what I liked about the movie is that, makes you think about time relativity and generates some interest in the concepts of celestial bodies. I felt like nolan wanted to whore the recent interest about science generated by the scientists, specially Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

Interstellar 6/10
Meh...
meh acting...
meh characters...
meh camera...
meh concept...

SciFi movies like these are the worst. Gives an idea to common people that you can actually go back in time if you fall in a blackhole(forgot about spaghettification). stupid...
what I liked about the movie is that, makes you think about time relativity and generates some interest in the concepts of celestial bodies. I felt like nolan wanted to whore the recent interest about science generated by the scientists, specially Neil DeGrasse Tyson.
I haven't seen the film yet, but this film has been in waiting for the past decade or so. Jonathan Nolan had written the script long back and Steven Spielberg was supposed to direct it. When that fell through his brother picked it up. Khip Torne, on whose theories this film is based on, is also a scientific consultant for this film. They didn't just make it because popular science is trending. Nolan brothers are always known for their interest in sci-fi.

Nebraska 7.5/10
Perks of being a wallflower 8/10
Django Unchained 7.5/10
Dawn of the planet of the apes 7/10
About Time 9/10 (Watched it sometime back)

Nebraska 7.5/10
Perks of being a wallflower 8/10
Django Unchained 7.5/10

^_^ both are my favorite.
In Django Unchained, I think every actors performance was purely awesome, only they unnecessarily stretched story hours but I've enjoyed every minute of it and a must watch movie.

Perks of being a wallflower is my best favorite cause it has great background score and awesome unforgettable soothing performance by Emma (Sam), i mean really awesome :shy:

Interstellar 7.5/10... They say Films are judged in the era they came out & Interstellar is that movie, a movie that we all as human beings deserve,but not the one it needs right now :p because this is more than just a movie. prior to release this movie was an emotional tension to me & now after watching it, It is something more than that. This movie is an Emotional masterpiece in form of Art!
That being said...
Best part!
- Acting,Matthew nailed it.
- The launch into Space,the entire mission.
- CGI/VFX , The graphics in this movie is seamless, you'll barely even notice it, it becomes part of the movie.
- Hans Zimmer the organ music travels so well with the movie,This is a quintessential Hans zimmer music. too bad the soundtrack won't be out for another week.

Same here. The movie didn't feel long at all despite it being 3hrs long. Awesome acting by the whole cast. I can't vouch for and am neither interested in the scientific explanations behind the plot and can say that I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

Matt Damon has confirmed he is stepping into the shoes of Jason Bourne for a fourth time as he returns to the massively successful spy franchise.

Director Paul Greengrass, who made the The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum, is also reportedly back on board - despite saying he was moving on from the series.

http://news.sky.com/story/1369766/matt-damon-returning-for-fourth-bourne-film

Interstellar :- 7.5/10... The movie was good, cinematography, acting and script was also good. But it was too slow and not for average user. I had taken my family with me and they were cursing me. Me and my brother liked the movie and were discussing the script and science logic put in it for two days. There were some loopholes here and there but overall a nice movie.

Big Hero 6 :- 7/10... Below average flick from Disney. Started very well but disappointed in the second half.
By the way the short film called "Feast" which screened before the movie was amazing.

NightCrawler :- 8.5/10... Best of three movies released this week. It was awesome. Jake Gyllenhall has done awesome acting. Given the budget of the movie, editing was awesome.

Interstellar: 8/10
Not Nolan's best but still a very good movie. As someone mentioned above the movie is quite long but I never lost interest. There were a lot of plot holes and many unanswered questions but the sheer spectacle, the scale, acting and the effects are amazing.[DOUBLEPOST=1415595686][/DOUBLEPOST]TMNT: 6.5/10
This Micheal Bay produced live-action take on the franchise is good while it lasts. There were a few good action set pieces and the banter between the characters was quite funny at times.

Recently watched
  • Fury - 8/10 : never saw any tank fight that close before. :D
  • Gone Girl - 7/10 : ended abruptly, for me. I was expecting some happy ending may be.
  • TMNT - 5/10 : thank god I haven't wasted money on that.
  • Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 6.5/10 : a decent one. Not a big fan of the series, still I find it watchable.
  • Interstellar : 7.5/10 : A decent watch but not the best. Being time travel movie, it of course have paradoxes. But I felt the movie a bit longer. CGI was good.

basic time travel paradox, Cooper got the NASA coordinates from future Cooper and so he could go there to send the coordinates to past self.
Similar paradox with the wormhole - set there by the future of human race.

ps: Read a book long time ago - Hyperspace by Michio Kaku, on the similar stuffs - cosmology, black hole, grand unified theory(string theory), relativity etc. And just before the movie I was explaining my wife about space/time warp in higher dimension and and in the movie it showed exactly like I told her, bending a paper. ;) Also the fact that gravity indeed effects time - if we stand on a black hole (hypothetically of course), the universe would seem in fast forward mode.
So, if someone developed some interest on those topics watching the movie, this book is highly recommended. :)

Fury - 9/10 - Awesome acting and a must watch for War movie fans
Gone Girl - 7/10 - Too lengthy - First half is okay, the second half has you all excited, then slows the pace down till the last minute dialogue.
Interstellar - 9/10 - Freaking Awesome. Nope, not for family and not for the average crowd. It's strictly for Nerds like us. The movie speaks in volume and yes it's worth every penny you spend for the ticket. (As mentioned by @mathrisk , do your basic homework on space related idioms)
Big Hero 6 - 6/10 - average Disney movie. Could have been a lot more than the usual stuff. U'll love Baymax, that's for sure. It has some good laughs in the first half.
Lucy - 9/10 - Last few mins are worth the entire movie. Amazing! But goddammit, what a waste of sexiness. :p
Dracula Untold - 7.5/10 - Went in with zero expectations, but turned out to be good. It was a different approach to the Dracula stories.
Hercules - 8/10 - Now that's how you maintain a legend and keep it realistic.

Back