Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Bringing Up Baby - 7.6/10
Just about a good movie. Was expecting a wild ride due to the presence of Catherine Hepburn and Cary Grant, but the direction failed to cash in on the chemistry that could have been.

La vita è bella AKA Life is Beautiful - 8.3/10

Roberto Benigni.. directing himself to an Oscar!

The movie portrays how a happy go lucky person has to improvise and make his little son think of a Nazi concentration camp as a site for an exciting game. But prior to that, he gives a standout performance while wooing his lady love, exhibiting his light demeanour.

Kôkaku kidôtai AKA Ghost in the Shell - 8/10

WOW! Not a big fan of anime, but this one was special.
I was hoping that this movie should hold up the test of time.. turns out that it is still very much relevant even today. The questions it asks, and esp the fag end of the movie, are quite riveting.

Relatos salvajes AKA Wild Tales - 7.7/10

A good concoction of unrelated tales.

Giant - 8.7/10
Masterpiece! Never realised a movie this long and set up in Texas can leave such a profound impact.
Elizabeth Taylor looked every bit the part she played.. the brash/spunky character, who kept asking some serious questions. The story meanwhile keeps rolling and how Rock Hudson's character comes around is somewhat of a journey. J.Dean is fabulous as well.

It is a long movie, but very much worth it.

HOUSEFULL 3 - Minus 10. Its filled with internet jokes esp on facebook.Memes / I hope this is the last movie in the series. It's actually going to beat Humshakals . Hopeless and waste of time and money.

THE BROTHERS GRIMSBY - 10/10 . Sasha is a great actor and he has made this movie so laughable that it reminds me of the Dictator.

Dr. Strangelove - 10/10

Really good movie. The humor is totally hidden. One has to have a good background of the cold war time period. Funniest are the airplane scenes. And the way the gadgets/controls were shown: is so so hilarious. I was totally laughing away. True gem of a movie.

Back