Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

My wife made us watch Mohanjedaro
HAHA. I feel your pain. Although my wife is a big Hrithik fan, better sense prevailed and we skipped this one even on TV.
A rerun of Andaz apna apna proved much much more fun.
BTW, Rouge one has good reviews. I wasn't too interested initially but the reviews have got me interested.

Looks like nobody watched Underworld: Blood Wars. It was as expected. The movie felt very disjointed to me but i went to watch Kate B so no complaints. 6/10.
Arrival is awesome. A solid 9/10.
Fantastic Beasts - 8/10. Though not a fan of Harry Potter universe, this movie was very well done. Enjoyed it.

BTW FF8 trailer looks terrible while The Mummy look OK. The next most anticipated movie for me is GOTG 2.

Masaan - 8/10
Gem of a movie. Poignant, heartbreaking and hopeful at the same time with some really riveting performances.
You reluctantly watch some mainstream crap like 'ae dil hai mushkil', then think why did you even bother. Hindi cinema is hopeless and it's good you rarely watch it anymore. Then you watch something like 'Masaan' and realize there are gems like this which need more publicity and show the true potential of our writers, directors and actors.

Natsamrat (Marathi movie) - 10/10

It is an awesome movie. Without any type of masala, it entertains; it touches soul. Nana Patekar steals entire show. Vikram Gokhale and Medha Manjrekar are good too. It is a must watch from my side. Pity, I did not watch it in theater but in a flight.

The Iron Giant [1999] - 8.0/10
So glad to have seen this one. Was a bit of an effort to sit through the first few mins, but it does take off.
The 60s vibe set in an animated movie is quite well done and looked refreshing.

Key Largo [1948] - 7.9/10
Not too many Noirs have been smooth enough for a rewatch. This one made the cut.

Magnolia [1999] - 8.2/10
Long and worth it. Star cast is lip smacking, and all chipped in with their bits n pieces of roles.
Such a movie/casting still would be impossible in the good old copy/bolly-wood.

Hell or High Water [2016] - 7.8/10
Neat movie. Good writing, and great performances by the 3 lead actors.

Arrival [2016] - 8.0/10
If one expected another riot like Independence Day (90s ver), would be quite surprised.
Liked the slow paced theme and the
'real time' time travel

Nobody watched Trolls ?

I heard it is a decent movie. But, the kids are having an abs ball with this one.

Last edited:
Song of the Sea [2014] 8.3
Beautiful movie. Anybody who enjoyed the game limbo, should be able to enjoy this one as well.
The animation from pics/trailer/snapshots didn't look too inviting, but the movie is utterly immersive. Superb stuff.

The Blues Brothers [1980] - 8.0
Cult movie, Belushi and Dan did some fine work in there.
Old school nostalgia made things nicer.

Groundhog Day [1993] 8.0
Kept this aside for way too long, and was not disappointed. Funny and enjoyable.
Bill Murray nails the act.

Jinnah [1998] - 7.6
Pretty good. Shashi Kapoor does a fair job, while Christopher Lee really shines in his portrayal.

Mad Max: Fury Road [2015] - 8.0
Eye candy/popcorn stuff which didnt became ridiculous.

Dangal - 8/10
Enjoyed the movie, but the execution was not as tight as was expected from an AK movie.
Lot of slack and sub par direction/editing. Maybe masala treatment meted out intentionally.

Singin' in the Rain [1952] - 8.4 /10

Brilliant! This truly was the way to showcase the show business.
Our people would have carved out about half a dozen movies from this movie's content.. ie if they had the skill set for some real movie making. Donald 'o Connor's routine was smashing and Gene Kelly really could dance! The choreography really was stupendous.

A true classic and def in top 10 movies for me.

Odd Man Out [1947] - 7.7/10

A nice noir for the genre lovers. Less tout than expected, but thought provoking none the less.

Kind Hearts and Coronets [1949] - 8.2/10

brit humour at its best. Alec Guiness coming to the fore again and the dialogue writing is top notch.!
Lots of things to reminisce over. Def rewatch worthy.

Darbareye Elly AKA About Elly [2009] - 7.8/10

Looked slow and easy going movie, but carried on to portray how a situation can mess up horribly.
Anybody who has tried to do good more than his/her quota and recd exact opposite of thanks/happiness should be able to relate.

Batman: The killing joke - 7/10
Had read the graphic novel long back and had found it quite dark and disturbing. Thought there wasn't enough content for a movie, but they padded it out with a love story o_O WTF. It was never a part of source material.

Bridge of spies - 8/10
The balancing act that Spielberg is able to bring between the cold war thriller aspect and realism is brilliant. Good acting from Hanks and Mark Rylance.

Raees - 7/10
After a long time, enjoyed something with SRK in it. Went with over the top masala expectations, and got the money's worth. Missed the single screen hooting and catcalls.

Back