Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Justice At Nuremberg (1961)- 8.2/10
Solid acting all round, which was fairly expected due to heavy duty casting thrown in.
The set up of judges trying judges was exciting from the word go, and the veteran actors n the rookie really nailed it.

All About Eve (1950) - 8/10
Bette Davis and Anne Baxter all the way in this one. A movie about disclosures, deceit and personal struggles.
Very well done movie, and an enjoyable ride.

To Be or Not to Be (1942)- 7.8/10
Hilarious stuff. Right in the league of Kind Hearts And Coronets. Very enjoyable.

Kelly's Heroes (1970) - 7.8/10
A heist project during WW2 ? Why not!
A feel good war movie with good bit of comic relief thrown around.

La La Land - 7/10
Everytime it looked like taking off, something or the other fizzled out.
Last 15 mins or so were really good. Should have had the option to watch in black and white.

Ghazi Attack - 5.5/10
The art of botching up a project while having the backdrop of a historical event AND a set of good actors. Cliched BS.
Even while having similarly themed movies to be 'inspired' from (not a new thing for the xerox industry), they messed it up.

In that vein watch Get Out as well.Pretty disturbing while watching but feels funny later on.

lol Get Out was hilarious throughout. basically a dark comedy than a horror movie.

Get out was friggin awesome! So low key yet it didn't feel bland. Yeah, black comedy-ish, but the comedy is not evident. You will chuckle at the end though.

on a side note now that imdb has shut their forums where does one go to discuss movies ? whats the next best thing now ???

Reddit :-/

Batman the Lego Move (2017) : 9/10

Absolutely hilarious in the way it makes fun of Batman's core personality.

On top of that I loved the greatest hits of Warner Bros. villains of all time.

P.S. Try a few quick Googles here and there for catching all the references.
Ironman sucks!!!!!

Had seen it in a theatre. Audience applauded twice during the climax.
Amazing. It just cannot be described. There was a palpable dread all along and then finally the realization at the end.

Split: 8/10
Shyamalan is really back with this. Although The visit was also good. James McAvoy is so over the top (in a good way) and so much fun to watch.
A few scenes where he switches characters mid scene are just brilliant.

Enjoyed these psycho thrillers recently..

Split - 8/10 (just what I was looking for after The Machinist)
Triangle - 7/10 (reminded me of programming loops :))
Get Out - 7/10
Gone Girl - 7.5/10

Aftermath - 4/10. Predictable plot. Not much to write about
Wonder woman - 7/10. Those beautiful locks of Gal gadot!
Manchester by the sea - 5/10

Justice At Nuremberg (1961)- 8.2/10
Solid acting all round, which was fairly expected due to heavy duty casting thrown in.
The set up of judges trying judges was exciting from the word go, and the veteran actors n the rookie really nailed it.

It is an excellent movie. I specially liked how they transition from German -- > English, in one shot.

Gifted 7/10
Really liked the plot and acting of Chris Evans, Octavia Spencer and Mckenna Grace.

Chris Evans is awesome in drama. For some reason i really liked Puncture.[DOUBLEPOST=1500277428][/DOUBLEPOST]
Zygote 9/10

Been a long time since I have seen such heart pounding suspense in such a short package.

This one is without any doubt the best among the Oaks Studio Shorts.

Thanks man, i would never have heard of it otherwise.

Back