Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Three Billboards felt like it was almost good if that makes any sense.

The style of humor they went for didn't exactly work except in few scenes. Rest of the time it felt cringeworthy.
Sam Rockwell's character does an instant 180d after reading a letter, when for the entire movie he's portrayed as someone lacking the emotional maturity to do so.
Also becomes a calculated investigative cop having the mental presence to collect DNA evidence and how.

I thought Captain Fantastic was the best movie of the year, but don't think it even got nominated.
Or maybe that was a previous year movie.

Recently I watched Annihilation. I was looking forward to this movie, because it is directed by Alex Garland, director of Ex Machina and producer of 28 days later, my favorite films.

But this movie disappointed me. I liked the idea and landscapes of film, but in my opinion the course of events is predictable and the actions of the characters are illogical and stupid.

Avengers - Infinity war - Visually and technically a great movie. The villain Thanos stole the movie. Clever dialogues. The CGI is absolutely good in this movie and one of the best. However, it is better they stop another sequel to this as it is kind of getting bored. Also the movie ends after the credit scores rolls out in the screen. Most would have missed that and definitely they are planning for a sequel with Captain Marvel.

Last edited:
Titli - 9/10

Just could not believe the movie. It is truly haunting and the images stick in your head for days-on-days. Specially the blue flickering TV lights in the dad's room. The the dystopian locations of Delhi, cause such depression. Truly a thought provocative movie. Well done.

Recently watched :
  • Avengers IW : 7.5/10 : Liked this movie. wasn't huge fan of previous avenger movies. This one, IMO, have right amount of everything - action, humor.
  • Black Panther : 6/10 : Watched it after Avengers IW. Just another marvel movie for me.
  • Annihilation : 4/10 : Besides some nice visual, nothing really in it.
  • The Titan : 2/10 : I don't know why I watch this.
  • Star Wars - Last Jedi : 5/10 : No a fan of Star Wars. I don't get the hype either. Original 3 movies were cult for that time, but later 5 (+1) movies are just another scifi with very few new stuffs, IMO.
  • Red Sparrow : 4/10 : Russian officers talking in accented English among themselves. I don't get it. :)

Captain Marvel mostly, I guess.

Yes, Captain Marvel it is.

I would rate Avengers IW at 8.5-9/10. Marvel had to consolidate Avengers. I had watched English version with Chinese subs around two weeks back and I still remember sad faces of people while coming out of cinema hall.

Another movie I watched recently is Padmaavat on Amazon Prime. Honestly, it is one of most overrated/over hyped movie in near past. Ranveer has acted very good with others doing on par to whatever part was assigned. I also felt it slow paced. Overall 5/10.

Avengers - Infinity war - Visually and technically a great movie. The villain Thanos stole the movie. Clever dialogues. The CGI is absolutely good in this movie and one of the best. However, it is better they stop another sequel to this as it is kind of getting bored. Also the movie ends after the credit scores rolls out in the screen. Most would have missed that and definitely they are planning for a sequel with Captain America.
1. How would you resurrect the heroes, if there is no sequel? Also this is just Part 1.
2. It's Captain Marvel.

1. How would you resurrect the heroes, if there is no sequel? Also this is just Part 1.

Alternate reality may be ? Because AFAIK, as per comics Thanos is finally captured and put in a prison in other reality. I doubt MCU would resurrect everyone otherwise it would just defeat everything happened in IW1

Alternate reality may be ? Because AFAIK, as per comics Thanos is finally captured and put in a prison in other reality. I doubt MCU would resurrect everyone otherwise it would just defeat everything happened in IW1
In my guess, the heroes didn't really die but captured inside Soulworld inside the "Soul" gem as in the comics. As far know, Rocket is the only standing official member of GOTG along with Nebula. With the GOTG3 already scheduled for 2020, it's highly unlikely they will leave Starlord, Drax, Gamora and the fan-favorite Groot dead. They can still go with original members of GOTG (Ogord, Yondu, Krugarr, Charlie-27, T'Naga) for GOTG 3 movie as a sort of prequel, but we don't know that for sure.

So in my opinion, Captain Marvel somehow aids remaining heroes to steal Time stone from Thanos, rewinds time and bring back the heroes to defeat Thanos all together.

Also no death is permanent in the comics except Uncle Ben & Bruce's parents (excluding alternate realities), so the heroes will be resurrected just like Thanos turns back time to resurrect Vision for plucking Time stone.
"Death of superheroes" is some of a shocking/surprise element for the movie plus curiosity among the fans for a better marketing.

Avengers: Infinity Wars - 6.5/10

It is average. Better than previous Avengers but simultaneously worse. Thor and Drax are no longer serious sombre characters rather idiots. Lot of jokes come at their expense.

Back