Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Saheb Biwi aur Gangster: 7.5/10

Good performances, specially by Jimmy Shergill. Some great scenes. Excellent direction, decent script and story.

Shagird: 8/10

Excellent performance by Nana Patekar and the rest, great direction by Tigmanshu Dhulia, a very good script and story.

Haasil:7/10

Another film by Tigmanshu Dhulia, albiet a bit older than the other two. Decent script and story, great performance by Jimmy Shergill and Irrfan Khan.

Dasvidaniya:8/10

Very good performance by Vinay Pathak as usual, very good script and story. Got a bit slow towards the end but still is a very good watch.

Ishqiya:8/10

Superb performances by all, excellent direction, good script and story, great songs.

7 Khoon Maaf: 2/10

There's Ishqiya and then there's 7 Khoon Maaf. What happened to Vishal bhardwaj? Mediocre performance by Priyanka chopra, Neil Nitin mukesh and John Abrahim. Mediocre story and script. Appaling performance by Vivaan Shah. Gets two points for interesting concept and good performances by Naseeruddin Shan and Irrfan Khan.

K-PAX: 8.5/10

Great performances by Kevin Spacey and Jeff bridges. A very intriguing concept done justice. A must-see. Would love to see similar movies.

Garden State: 6.5/10

An ok-movie. Nothing really great. The story is where this one lacks, not captivating enough.

I am on the lookout for good hindi movies that most people usually miss out on. Any suggestions?

Syriana : 9/10 great story, good cinematography, nice characters

O Brother, Where art thou? : 10/10 Awesome movie, great story, soundtrack, great performance from Clooney and John Turturro

the "sector 7 guy from Transformers"

Munich: 8/10 good movie kinda gets dull towards the end

Micheal Clayton 8.75/10 :great movie, very good story

Lincoln lawyer 8.5/10: a god legal thriller

The Green Hornet -> 7.5/10 It was fun to watch and Seth Rogen was good as usual. Better than Kick Ass IMO
<

The Thing(1982) - 8/10 Awesome BGM.

The Thing(2011) - 6.5/10

Folks,watch both the movie starting with '82 movie and then '11 movie,both are different movies but having some connections
<

Ek Main aur ek tu - 8.5/10

Very refreshing; for a bollywood movie. At times, I felt that I could draw some similarities between some Hollywood rom-coms but that was maybe due to usual boy-meets-girl themes. The climax was probably one of the first ever attempted in Hindi cinema.. but mirrored real-life pretty well.
<

Take Shelter - 7/10, Good performances by Michael Shannon and Jessica Chastain

Ek Main aur ek tu - 8.5/10

Very refreshing; for a bollywood movie. At times, I felt that I could draw some similarities between some Hollywood rom-coms but that was maybe due to usual boy-meets-girl themes. The climax was probably one of the first ever attempted in Hindi cinema.. but mirrored real-life pretty well.
<

Isn't it a copy of "What Happens in Vegas" ??

Take Shelter - 7/10, Good performances by Michael Shannon and Jessica Chastain

Isn't it a copy of "What Happens in Vegas" ??

No, no not at all. They only picked Vegas because it allows you to even get married when are you are drunk/not-even-in-your-senses. That is about it, rest everything is different from the movie, before and after.

The climax was probably one of the first ever attempted in Hindi cinema.. but mirrored real-life pretty well.
<

So is it that they don't get together at the end, or is the ending something more original? I might check it out in the latter case.

So is it that they don't get together at the end, or is the ending something more original? I might check it out in the latter case.

Dude, it is a popcorn rom-com flick, no doubt. And I can't reply to the above question without giving away the ending
<

From Rajeev Masand's review - http://ibnlive.in.com/news/masand-ek-main-aur-ekk-tu-is-light-and-breezy/229114-47-84.html

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]At 1 hour and 50 minutes, the film is light and breezy, and mercifully never turns too syrupy for your taste. I'm going with three out of five for director Shakun Batra's 'Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu'. I was particularly impressed by the unconventional but entirely appropriate ending. I think you will be too.[/font]

That's all I can say. Check it out yourself. Some people really hated it, though I cannot understand how someone can love unbearable movies like Ajab Prem ki Gazab Kahaani... everyone has their own tastes I guess.

Miller's Crossing

Coen Brothers

10/10

Watch this film, if you haven't, and thank Ethan, Joel and me for the rest of your life.

And for heavens' sake, please do not quote Rajeev Masand's reviews. Or any one individual's reviews for that matter. It does not matter to ANYONE (except a few intellectually challenged individuals) what Rajeev Masand thinks about a film. Films are highly subjective. You might love a film which I absolutely loathe and vice versa.

...though I cannot understand how someone can love unbearable movies like Ajab Prem ki Gazab Kahaani

That makes it the two of us. I think it's the fact that people can somehow relate to some elements in the film. The characters, for instance. The locations. The music. A commercially successful Bollywood film has all these elements and more so that people's minds automatically relate to them.

Back