Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Journey 2 the mysterious island -> 5/10 They are even making another sequel :| Only good for those who are watching 3D for the 1st time.

Prometheus:
Okay, saw it today. I will give it an 7/10.

Below is my review, has a ton of spoilers.

There is nothing novel about the script. It totally picks up the framework of Alien/Aliens, i.e.; a group of people sleeping on a ship, roused from cryo-stasis, explore a planet, a **** up happens, group disperses, mayhem, disconnect amongst the humans--->a woman kicks butt--->escapes off--->Part II, two summers down.

What I liked:
The ship is gorgeous and made really well. The hi-tech equipment is kewl, and shows a lot of functionality. The "operation" scene, will probably make it to the "top 10 most gruesome/horrifying scenes ever"; and was graphed really really well. The Aliens (specially the young ones); were done fine, and raised the hackles on my neck. Did the job well. The artifacts and the showing of the historical heritage on the planet was full of detail and up to the mark. Lady Theron, is uber uber blonde, and totally steals the show with her combination of women will balls + wanna get in bed with me. Eye-candy for the male audience I guess. The flame guns were effective too.

What I did not like:
The Android, is given way way way too much screen time. I felt it was for runner to HAL/and machines can go wrong. It is a duplication of the Android in Part 1 --> Machines for the corporation, ALWAYS. I found that angle repetitive and quite lame. The supporting cast, have lame and stupid dialogues. For instance, the BF, of the female lead: Is shown to be gungo-ho, and I am always right, and macho and stupid. I hated his characterization. Overall the story was quite predictable, though did not get boring due to action and CGI. There is no point doing another part for these series. Scripting is lame

The Raid: Redemption - 7.4/10
Apart from action, nothing to mention about.
Some obvious blunders made scenes look lame. One time watch.

Dil Dosti Etc - 6.6/10
Weak acting. Lame direction.
Thought it ll be something worthwhile with Delhi Univ locations.

Prometheus:
Okay, saw it today. I will give it an 7/10.

Below is my review, has a ton of spoilers.

There is nothing novel about the script. It totally picks up the framework of Alien/Aliens, i.e.; a group of people sleeping on a ship, roused from cryo-stasis, explore a planet, a **** up happens, group disperses, mayhem, disconnect amongst the humans--->a woman kicks butt--->escapes off--->Part II, two summers down.

What I liked:
The ship is gorgeous and made really well. The hi-tech equipment is kewl, and shows a lot of functionality. The "operation" scene, will probably make it to the "top 10 most gruesome/horrifying scenes ever"; and was graphed really really well. The Aliens (specially the young ones); were done fine, and raised the hackles on my neck. Did the job well. The artifacts and the showing of the historical heritage on the planet was full of detail and up to the mark. Lady Theron, is uber uber blonde, and totally steals the show with her combination of women will balls + wanna get in bed with me. Eye-candy for the male audience I guess. The flame guns were effective too.

What I did not like:
The Android, is given way way way too much screen time. I felt it was for runner to HAL/and machines can go wrong. It is a duplication of the Android in Part 1 --> Machines for the corporation, ALWAYS. I found that angle repetitive and quite lame. The supporting cast, have lame and stupid dialogues. For instance, the BF, of the female lead: Is shown to be gungo-ho, and I am always right, and macho and stupid. I hated his characterization. Overall the story was quite predictable, though did not get boring due to action and CGI. There is no point doing another part for these series. Scripting is lame

I liked the movie till about 3/4th was over but after that they rushed as if they were in a hurry pack up. Also, I felt that they were leaving too many questions unanswered. It seemed as if their aim the whole time was to make everything mysterious and unanswered. A "proper sci-fi movie". After a certain while, there is a disconnect when the director doesn't want to explain anything that's going on the screen. But, it was definitely a visual treat!

I liked the movie till about 3/4th was over but after that they rushed as if they were in a hurry pack up. Also, I felt that they were leaving too many questions unanswered. It seemed as if their aim the whole time was to make everything mysterious and unanswered. A "proper sci-fi movie". After a certain while, there is a disconnect when the director doesn't want to explain anything that's going on the screen. But, it was definitely a visual treat!

There was no need to make it a brain-**** movie, which they decidedly did.

Shanghai - 8.5/10 Great movie.
I am not really a big fan of hindi movies. But have always been a fan of Dibankar Banerjee (except for the mid part in Oye Lucky Lucky Oye). Considering the movie is based on real life assassination of a Greek politician; its quite frightening to see how things fit in our current environment,

project x - 7/10
okay its a bit cliched party theme in uncle sam's house,but,the movie was bad ass.i feel the actors have been wrongfully trashed in the media as they did a splendid job of keeping the flow of the movie-especially since it was their first!.

The Raid Redemption - 7.5/10

9/10 for action .. Raw & brutal action choreography, which is seen after a long time.. outside Korean movies that is. :)

Not much in terms of a story ,, just a situational movie. The movie started off wonderfully but slowed down after the middle.
Same old suspense cliches but with a lot more grit & gore.

Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stranger Tides -- 7.8/10
Watched in on a laptop so couldnt enjoy the movie fully esp. background score..
The series has become too predictable .. Part.3 was the best IMO.

Back