Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Back to the Future Series - Absolutely the sorts to watch as a week reels in!
Held back on these to keep something in the tank for a spl occassion. Finally got around to see them, and finished the series on a binge watch. The first two were an abs treat. The third one ran out of.. steam.

No wonder the three movies have a massive following. Pretty much the stuff people wanna see if they are the fans of easy going movie making genre + flashback from the 80s. Already seen the first two movies two times over!

Part 1 - 8.1/10
Part 2 - 8.3/10
Part 3 - 7/10

The Grand Budapest Hotel - 8.0/10

Narrative was fantastic + breath taking cinematography. Add to this a bevy of seasoned actors -The whole ambiance was brilliant. One has to read the trivia to get the varying aspect ratios.

Rushmore - 8.0/10

Charming movie about how a college student flits through diff phases and comes of age. Fabulous comedy, well drafted characters, and the pacing of the movie is very impressive. Def gonna rewatch.
Wes anderson is a genius.

Last edited:
Kungfu Panda 3 : 6/10 : A bit let down for me. The villain was awesome this time - I liked it. But the father-son combo didn't clicked imo. The baby pandas were damn cute, but others not so.

yeh i thought the movie was awesome! better than the second instalment and Kai was an awesome villain, loved the score particularly when kai entered!

I have 1000 bookmyshow couple movie voucher... I want to watch 4DX movie .. which one to watch Kung fu panda or Jungle book ? The voucher is valid only till 20th april.. is there any other good upcoming 4DX movie?

Back to the Future Series - Absolutely the sorts to watch as a week reels in!
Held back on these to keep something in the tank for a spl occassion. Finally got around to see them, and finished the series on a binge watch. The first two were an abs treat. The third one ran out of.. steam.

So much 80's stuff. I watched these as a kid, and remember them so clearly.

Bat vs Supes - 3/10 - Save your money & catch it when it comes on TV

1. I had expected Bat & Supes would have a go at each other because of ideological differences. Instead, the eventual premise of Lex kidnapping Martha was weak. Also, what brought about the resolution was lame.

I felt it would've been a better movie had their differences been more fleshed out. There should have been more interaction between the two to show that they are both trying to understand the other's perspective, & that despite that, they disagree.

2. I kept seeing Shahrukh instead of Jesse whenever Lex came on the screen. So I found Lex unintentionally funny.

3. Lots of places where the characters don't use common sense - Kent should be keeping an eye on Bruce once he knows the latter's up to something after that library meeting; Lois should have informed Supes that the desert rescue was a setup, & to be wary of Lex; The Asian assistant simply allows Bruce to copy information after knowing that he's up to some mischief; Lois throwing the spear in the water at the end..... etc.

Also, I'm a bit confused about what Superman's powers are, & what he's capable of. He can know if Lois is in trouble even halfway across the globe, but doesn't have a clue if his mom gets kidnapped.

There are lots of such instances, & what it does, overall, is take you out of the movie.

4. Too many dream sequences which add nothing to the story. Apart from the dreams, there were also many other disjointed cutscenes which could've been avoided.

Imagine you are playing a video game & the boss battle has been set up, but as you are about to take him on, some random cutscene pops up.

There's lots of such issues with the movie. These are the ones I can think of right now. I might add to them, ... or I might not. But just thought that I should at least justify my rating.

Last edited:
Sunshine(2007)- 6/10
A sci-fi thriller by Danny Boyle about a bunch of astronauts/scientists taking on a mission to re-ignite the dying sun. The movie is atmospheric with good visuals and manages to convey the sense of claustrophobia. The last act felt a bit disappointing but worth a watch for sci-fi lovers.

Batman: Mask of the phantasm (8/10)
Re-watched this classic Batman story from my childhood. This animated movie is based on the Batman: The animated series (arguably the best animated series ever) and it's still as visually striking as it was then with its noir-style animation and gothic Gotham feel. A good story and voice acting by the best (Conroy and Hamill) make this one of the best batman stories I've watched.
On a side note, The killing joke is also being adapted for an animated movie. Excited for that.

22 jump street - 5/10 (edited)

Mindless comedy fare on similar lines as 21. Not disappointing if you get without expectations.

Last edited:
I don't know why people get so personal when someone else doesn't like the movie they liked. It happened to me when I said I didn't like The Hateful Eight. It's a rating thread people. No need to get your panties in a bunch if someone didn't feel the same way as you did about a movie.
But how come they say my favorite movie just fared a 1/10?? :O :O
I feel like crying :sob :sob

PS:: Sarcasm intended

Batman Vs Superman - 6/10 : This movie was like a Prequel for the movies to come. Probably that's why this wasn't too interesting for me. Sorry, Sad Affleck, you didn't quite live up to the Batman standards. And Lex Luthor too, disappointing. I kept thinking why the hell is the facebook founder in this movie.
Kungfu Panda 3 - 8/10: Liked it! But what i did not was making them Pandas too damn dumb!
Jungle Book - 9/10: Loved this one, easy going and not a dull moment. No heavy choices that Mowgli needs to make (like in the book).
Fan - 5/10: No comments. Wifey got a headache during the movie. Had to shell out 100Rs for that pathetic Cappuchino in a plastic cup. Didn't tell her that I was pissed off spending +100 Rs after spending 500Rs for the tickets.

Batman Vs Superman - 6/10 : This movie was like a Prequel for the movies to come. Probably that's why this wasn't too interesting for me. Sorry, Sad Affleck, you didn't quite live up to the Batman standards. And Lex Luthor too, disappointing. I kept thinking why the hell is the facebook founder in this movie.
Kungfu Panda 3 - 8/10: Liked it! But what i did not was making them Pandas too damn dumb!
Jungle Book - 9/10: Loved this one, easy going and not a dull moment. No heavy choices that Mowgli needs to make (like in the book).
Fan - 5/10: No comments. Wifey got a headache during the movie. Had to shell out 100Rs for that pathetic Cappuchino in a plastic cup. Didn't tell her that I was pissed off spending +100 Rs after spending 500Rs for the tickets.
Yes I felt the same...
Like build up for upcoming movies

The Jungle Book - 9/10, watched in 3D. Last Sunday it was running houseful in almost all theatres located on central suburbs in Mumbai. However from Monday very few theaters were going to have shows; Too bad to see more and more screens were getting allocated for shitty movie Fan.

Back