Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Logan [2017] - 8.2/10
Finally a superhero movie without the 'Let us/Gotta save the world!' non sense theme. Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Boyd.. everybody came good but Dafne Keen deserves spl mention.
The action was good (thank God for the R rating), and could have been a bit more, esp involving Boyd, but overall a very well made movie. Few scenes got me emotionally, and that kinda content was good to see in an X Men movie.

+1. Agreed on all points.
For me, it would be the best X-men movie.

Watched that "13 hours - Benghazi" movie, some pretty good, nail-biting, edge-of-your-seat stuff, especially in the second half, even though it's directed by Michael Bay of Transformers fame. I would rate it 8.0823761523 out of 10.

^ I couldn't really believe it was a michael bay movie. Then i saw the explosions. :D

But yeah, it was not bad at all.

USA ! USA ! USA ! ;)

Focus - 6/10 (Will Smith, Margot Robbie)
Decent con movie. Watchable with low expectations. Final con is underwhelming. Margot Robbie looks stunning.

Watched
  • Lion - 5/10 : Had more expectations. Disappointed, on the 2nd part, when Dev Patel comes in.
  • Arrival - 7/10 : decent watch.
  • Moana - 6/10 : Storywise so-so.
  • Sing - 7/10 : decent.

Watched Steve Jobs for I think the 4th time.
The movie is a testament to a genius who was never as appreciated as he deserves to be...

...by genius, of course I mean Aaron Sorkin :p.

Watched few in the last week
  • The Great Wall : 5/10 : crappy story line. But I like the fight/war scenes.
  • Autopsy of Jane Doe : 4/10 : I am not sure what to look for in a horror movie. The story is normally pretty weak in most movies (incl this) and I don't enjoy the occasional/sudden sound blasts made to scare
  • Ghost In a Shell : 3/10 : Thank god I didn't went to the theaters for this one.
  • Split : 7/10 : Best of the lot I had picked. Nice work by James McAvoy (I didn't really liked him as Xavier :p)
  • F-n-F 8 : 4/10 : Doesn't even a proper car chase scene. :D (Charlize Theron :hearteyes::hearteyes:)

Last edited:
Lion - 7.5/10 : Emotional without getting depressing. Really good performances by Sunny Pawar and Dev Patel.
Arrival - 8.5/10 : A very different sci-fi movie without too much CGI or explosions but still challenging and thrilling. Terrific performance by Amy Adams.

Saw lion ysday, dev patel killing it in hollywood. Good actor.
on a side note now that imdb has shut their forums where does one go to discuss movies ? whats the next best thing now ???

Back