Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Ok, i thought Zygote was crap. Between Fanning's singular facial expression and the amateurish running through halls plot, it was a damp squib. Monster looked cool though.

Rakka, on the other hand was excellent. I was almost reminded of District 9. And Firebase wasn't too bad either.

Anyone going to watch "Dunkirk" - any idea when it might release here? Seems to be a promising War Drama movie by Christopher Nolan...

Are you guys planning for IMAX? I read the reviews and they all absolutely recommend IMAX even if it means driving long.
There is now an imax in pune but I haven't been there and not sure if it's worth paying the premium.
Anyway, I don't like war movies and even the trailers never piqued my interest, but considering this is a Nolan movie, I just might bite the bullet.

Are you guys planning for IMAX? I read the reviews and they all absolutely recommend IMAX even if it means driving long.
There is now an imax in pune but I haven't been there and not sure if it's worth paying the premium.
Anyway, I don't like war movies and even the trailers never piqued my interest, but considering this is a Nolan movie, I just might bite the bullet.

The cinepolis imax @ aundh is a step up from a normal multiplex screen but is in no way comparable to the real imax experience @ Wadala Mumbai. I'm actually going down to Mumbai to watch it there. I've watch Gravity, Interstellar and The force awakens there and it was amazeballs.

PVR Logix IMAX in Delhi is my first choice every time, experience is unrivaled, comfortable recliners, Curved imax display, great sound and best part, its IMAX 2D, no annoying 3d glasses.

You go to a blockbuster shot on IMAX once in a month at most, dont ruin that experience with small screen:p

:brb: Brb going to dunkirk

I prefer it (again for "event" movies) because there are no subtitles, no breaks for ~2hr movies and way fewer ads than the normal screens.

It is worth the premium over the normal 3d ticket, but, it may not be worth travelling more than 10kms for.

FYI, most 'IMAX' popping up now (there are another 2 in Mumbai and one in Thane) are just multiplexes with IMAX branding. Film lovers have taken to call them LieMAX.

So, how's Dunkirk?
Some post from my facebook wall said 'disappointed'.
Any reason why? Maybe that person expected Marvel-like movie? :p

The Circle was pretty mediocre as a movie, but the topic gave me goose bumps! Reminded me of Reliance/Jio and our current govt.[DOUBLEPOST=1500730400][/DOUBLEPOST]Guys, are all the IMAX shows at Wadala in 2d or is it just Dunkirk? I can't stand 3d especially since i already wear glasses. Also, no good seats available either today or tomorrow. I think i'll try sometime during next week...

Also, can someone confirm it has no subs? I had seen one of the batman movies there, probably not the IMAX screen and it had subs which ruined the experience for me and my friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, are all the IMAX shows at Wadala in 2d or is it just Dunkirk? I can't stand 3d especially since i already wear glasses. Also, no good seats available either today or tomorrow. I think i'll try sometime during next week...

Also, can someone confirm it has no subs? I had seen one of the batman movies there, probably not the IMAX screen and it had subs which ruined the experience for me and my friend.

1. It's just Dunkirk. Nolan doesn't do 3D.

2. Yes it has subs but the whole movie has bare minimum dialogues so it's all right in my book.

Nolan doesn't do 3D.

I think i love this dude even more now ! His bro makes pretty awesome stuff too.

What were some recent 3d movies on the IMAX dome? I can't even remember the last one i saw. Maybe blue planet or something...

I hope the subs aren't too intrusive for me. I dunno if it's an OCD thing but my eyes keep getting drawn to the text popping up on screen and distracting me from the video itself.

Gravity was incredible on Imax, as were Interstellar.

And although, they weren't shot in imax, star wars (7) and and La La Land were fun on a large screen

One of my biggest regrets is missing Gravity on imax. I was in kerala at the time and saw it on a horrible regular 3d screen.

Back