Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Yeah it was only in Wadala IIRC.
You couldn't have gone to Prasad in Hyderabad as it is analog IMAX and many movies' IMAX versions were distributed only digitally.
Which other proper IMAX screens are there in India?

Some ranting against the state of imax in india. I'm not sure if wadala is legit now...

http://www.firstpost.com/entertainm...max-war-epic-the-way-he-intended-3856921.html

Wadala is legit... but has digital projection. The digital screens are everywhere now. In fact 70MM IMAX screens are getting rarer everyday.

It's not difficult to see why once you see IMAX film reel.

0tPbysl.jpg

I think i was mistaken about wadala and it's HYD that's the best one...[DOUBLEPOST=1500831496][/DOUBLEPOST]Very detailed page: http://indpaedia.com/ind/index.php/IMAX_in_India
smh. they changed imax in hyd to digital projection. so its not "IMAX" anymore. last real Imax movie I saw was interstellar. After that they closed Imax in hyd and switched to digital projection.

I watched dunkirk in imax hyd but at the starting of the movie, they show a message saying "this film is not an imax film" or some sort

So Wadala is the only true Imax left in India?

And even that they've chopped off the dome?
Dome is objectively worst type of IMAX theatre for feature films so they've actually improved. Dome theaters are good only for documentaries shot for dome screens.

I friggin hate theaters. Not just that the movies and snacks are overpriced. Annoying people, censored desi version, ciggy/booze warnings and the freaking subtitles. Plus the infringement on liberty at the start. But every once in a while along comes a movie which deserves a theater watch.

^ hey now. I actually appreciate subtitles. Not every one is as educated as you might be.

That's offensive. I can understand English and find subs VERY distracting. of course this is my opinion. I didn't say everyone should avoid theaters due to subs. so that last bit was uncalled for.

But that last bit is true right? Not many people can follow english without subtitles in a theatre or in general. You seem to hate subtitles so I gave the reason why theatres include subtitles. I dont know why you find that offensive? I actually love subtitles even though I can understand english fine since some guy won't shutup during movie or keep his phone in ringing mode or keep eating pop corn loudly.

^^ if you were to say this out aloud

Not every one is as educated as you might be.

It would be very patronizing and condescending. Anyway, it doesn't bother me enough to keep at it. You should just know where to draw the line...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back