Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Mr. Right

Liked it way more than I should have because, Anna Kendrick.

tumblr_ot1yot_BCHA1qdiaboo1_500.gif

Watched Icarus today. 9/10

Just shows how, despite the best efforts of whistle blowers, it is still nearly impossible to get justice in the world.
Despite WADAs recommendations, the IOC went ahead and allowed the Russian athletes to participate in the Rio Olympics and that too after WADA made all 1666 documents public and presented overwhelming evidence of Russian state sponsored doping system.

seen 12 Angry Men (original 1957, criterion edition)
was long due, but boy what a amazing minutes, would rate 9/10.

wondering how this is not "inspired" by our movie industry yet :)
Ek ruka hua faisla, an 80's hindi movie, is almost a blatant copy of 12 Angry Men.

Ek ruka hua faisla, an 80's hindi movie, is almost a blatant copy of 12 Angry Men.
wow. first search linked me to official full move uploaded by Eagle Entertainment, after watching 5 minutes its look like line by line translation.

wanted to watch this movie

but unable to see it anywhere ( not in amazon prime or alt balaji) ..

The last movie i saw was Avegers: Infinity War. It is one of the best superhero that i watched. Marvel have outdone themselves. I don't want to reveal any spoilers for anyone but expect nothing and everything. I am waiting for the next part.

Easy for me, Avengers Infinity War when it released last month.

I would rate it an 8/10, good action and a stellar cast, but really no resolution. Kind of silly making you wait for the sequel to find out what happens.

Ready Player one - 7/10
Although a decent watch, it's a fairly mediocre movie with references to 80s and 90s pop culture which are fun to catch.

A quiet place - 8.5/10
A brilliant premise executed brilliantly. The stakes are set at the start itself which are pretty high and the tension never lets go. Focusses on a single family in a post apocalyptic environment where sound is your enemy. Good performances all round.

Requiem for a Dream - ??
Had heard a lot about this so started watching it. Halfway through and I'm still not getting the point of it. Maybe wasn't in a proper frame of mind. Will try to continue later.

Mission Impossible - Fallout - 7.6/10

The movie offers a thrill ride, with Tom Cruise setting new standards for a 56 yr old professional. Preparing the stunt for a year and performing them by himself requires commitment, and he def has lined up good number of set pieces to enthrall. Ferguson was very impressive.
The story is a bit confusing, and some of the deleted/removed scenes do not help matters, but it is def hall worthy. I hoped for some more juice to make the experience everlasting, but not a bad viewing overall.

The Searchers - 8/10

Possibly John Wayne's best movie. I do not particularly crave for the 'western' genre but like to watch a flick once in a while and this was very gripping. Human emotions and truth about ground realities made it not your regular revenge+recover the damsel type movie. Lead characters all came good and the direction was very good too. One of the movies which I wouldn't mind for a rewatch.

Do the Right Thing - 7.8/10
A brave attempt, well executed. The premise seemed paper thin, but the way Spike lee went about capturing the world around a neighbourhood, and the culmination of all the tension, hats off to him.

Moon - 7.9/10
Gripping stuff. Story nicely told.

The Game - 7.6/10
Held up very nicely for three quarters, and then veered towards something not consistent. Was a very engaging watch for the most part hence not disappointed to have spent time on this. The ending def could have been better.

Last edited:
Isle of Dogs -- very refreshing and wholesome movie with a hint of seven samurai and Roger Deakins. highly recommended. especially if you like stop motion animation.

A Quiet Place -- Really good movie. very fresh perspective.

Ready Player One -- fairly decent. I think I liked it just because of the gamer in me.

Saw some portions of Shoot 'Em Up, yesterday. Looked good. Almost seemed new noir in the treatment and music provided as a backdrop.

Back