Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Spiderman Far from Home: 9/10.
Solid performances all around. Good storyline, great VFX.
There's one particular entry that exited me more than anything else, but won't post as it will be a spoiler.
Both the post credit scenes are as good as the movie itself, so you should not miss them at any cost.
i dont agree atmost i will give 6/10 visual effects looked dated too

The Lion King. 8.5/10.
Saw in Hindi deliberately as wanted to hear how well our actors voiced those characters and I must say I was pleased and they did their job nicely. Will watch in English now.
But twice they hurriedly ended some scenes which was truly unprofessional for which I rated the movie 8.5 else it was 9.5.
For graphics, afresh look is simply mind blowing with every minute detail worked and highlighted systematically yet preserving the natural flow making it appear so real.
Not over nor under, it was simply just a great thunder without any blunder.

Watched:
Spiderman FFH : 7.5/10 : Most comedy scenes felt forced. Overall I liked it though.
Toy Story 4 : 7.5/10 : Well, pretty decent IMO
Aladin : 2/10 : Why did I watched it. Total waste.

Saw some movies recently.

Dr strange : 8/10.

Surprised actually. kept ignoring it but was better overall.

just felt too much inception Tricks used in the movie though.

Captain marvel: 5/10.

i just dont understand why they would give her so much power and then let Iron man sacrifice in the endgame.

too much SJW shit going on here.

F & F : shaw and hobbs. 6/10

though the action was nice. the banter though funny was used in the honest trailers of previous iterations of Fast and furious.

Samoa bit was a Drag and maybe Dwayne johnson being the producer added the useless part in the movie.

Saw spiderman far from home, movie sucked and left halfway and read the plot on wikipedia. Also saw dark phoneix and that was slightly better maybe cos i like michael fassbender too much as a actor but still a below average x men movie.

Joker (2019)

A Masterpiece.
Form story-line to cinematography is something is one step ahead of current generation, definitely a Grammy winner. Acting of Joaquin Phoenix is not only carries the standard set by Heath Ledger, but Phoenix has raised the bar too much that i doubt anyone will be able to beat this in this decade.

A movie which is hard to miss in theatres , it not like any other DC/marvel movie -- this is at different league.

Thing to note - avoid PVR if possible.. they have subtitles - too big font almost covering 30% of the screen, and to make it worst "tobacco killed 7 lac people per year" will be appearing even in bigger font with opaque white background/ black text. This anti smoking will be in screen almost 90% of screen time. It will feel like you are watching f*king zee news with 40% screen covered by tickers.

For the second screening i watched in Imax, no bloody subtitles. Anti-tobacco was still bigger to cover few details and occasionally annoying but was not as bad as pvr and after the pvr experience i was able to ignore it most of the time. Bloody govt promoting tobacco to mint taxes & ruining our movie experiences.

Joker (2019)

A Masterpiece.
Form story-line to cinematography is something is one step ahead of current generation, definitely a Grammy winner. Acting of Joaquin Phoenix is not only carries the standard set by Heath Ledger, but Phoenix has raised the bar too much that i doubt anyone will be able to beat this in this decade.

A movie which is hard to miss in theatres , it not like any other DC/marvel movie -- this is at different league.

Thing to note - avoid PVR if possible.. they have subtitles - too big font almost covering 30% of the screen, and to make it worst "tobacco killed 7 lac people per year" will be appearing even in bigger font with opaque white background/ black text. This anti smoking will be in screen almost 90% of screen time. It will feel like you are watching f*king zee news with 40% screen covered by tickers.

For the second screening i watched in Imax, no bloody subtitles. Anti-tobacco was still bigger to cover few details and occasionally annoying but was not as bad as pvr and after the pvr experience i was able to ignore it most of the time. Bloody govt promoting tobacco to mint taxes & ruining our movie experiences.

+1
I was not so lucky with Cinepolis IMAX as it screened with subtitles which is distracting tbh

The Lion King. 8.5/10.
Saw in Hindi deliberately as wanted to hear how well our actors voiced those characters and I must say I was pleased and they did their job nicely. Will watch in English now.
But twice they hurriedly ended some scenes which was truly unprofessional for which I rated the movie 8.5 else it was 9.5.
For graphics, afresh look is simply mind blowing with every minute detail worked and highlighted systematically yet preserving the natural flow making it appear so real.
Not over nor under, it was simply just a great thunder without any blunder.
+1. Graphics is superlative. Almost life like. I believe we wont see a difference between reality & virtual reality within decade.

The Lives of Others (Das Leben der Anderen - Year 2006)

How did this director and writer Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck come up with this kind of movie. Unbelievable. There are enough reviews on IMDB on this but if you have not watched it, please watch it to experience it. Just sucks you inside. Everything about this movie is wonderful right from the camera work, editing and the grey atmosphere. I liked the ending so much. No spoilers.

The Lives of Others (Das Leben der Anderen - Year 2006)

How did this director and writer Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck come up with this kind of movie. Unbelievable. There are enough reviews on IMDB on this but if you have not watched it, please watch it to experience it. Just sucks you inside. Everything about this movie is wonderful right from the camera work, editing and the grey atmosphere. I liked the ending so much. No spoilers.

This is one of the best movies ever made. I've probably seen this movie 5-6 times cos it is so good and well presented. Some of the attention to detail is incredible. One of the best films of all time and probably the best of this century.

Back