Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Honorable mention: Her (2013)

10/10 would recommend for someone feeling reminiscent of their relationship and wanting to recommend it to the person involved, for both of them to give it another shot, only to realize that it was never going to work.

Edit: For the uninitiated, I was joking XD

Last edited:
Memories of Murder [2003] Korean movie.
10/10.

Based on true events/murders that happened in 80/90s. Killer was finally caught in Nov last year! Very hard hitting.

I really liked the movie. Was disturbed at the end. Felt for the victins and the detective! I am glad that killer was finally caught!
Post automatically merged:

Great movie! Such movies ar not found in Bollywood or Hollywood! What's great about all this isn't just the gloriously choreographed violence (among the best I've ever seen) but also Lee Byeong-heon's bravura and surprisingly profound performance

I really liked the movie. Was disturbed at the end. Felt for the victins and the detective! I am glad that killer was finally caught!
Post automatically merged:

Great movie! Such movies ar not found in Bollywood or Hollywood! What's great about all this isn't just the gloriously choreographed violence (among the best I've ever seen) but also Lee Byeong-heon's bravura and surprisingly profound performance
Watch Le Samourai. Lee Byeong-heon's character has a lot of inpsiration gleaned from this movie.

3 ? wow. wanted to watch but not sure now
I may have been a bit too harsh. If you enjoy a mindless action flick on a day you're just trying to get through, I am certain it will serve you well. I too enjoy action flicks. It had a lot of punch into it and it's always nice to see the performance of Randeep Hooda. I just watched it with a different mindset and had different standards. Just all of that adrenaline wasn't able to offset the lack of character development (and other factors) which was consistent throughout the movie.
I edited my rating.

I may have been a bit too harsh. If you enjoy a mindless action flick on a day you're just trying to get through, I am certain it will serve you well. I too enjoy action flicks. It had a lot of punch into it and it's always nice to see the performance of Randeep Hooda. I just watched it with a different mindset and had different standards. Just all of that adrenaline wasn't able to offset the lack of character development (and other factors) which was consistent throughout the movie.
I edited my rating.
I second that. Since the movie was directed by a stunt director who wants to make a grittier version of John Wick the technical aspects of the fight scenes were pretty good and far bloodier compared to JW.

But theres no meat in the plot.

If you think about it the plotline for John Wick is preposterous as well (All that killing for a dog....seriously????) but Hemsworth doesn't have the focus,commitment and sheer coolness of Keanu and the world building in JW universe is pretty graphic novel-esque.

Nonetheless not a very bad way to kill some time over the weekend.

P.S. Dhaka is more like a cross of Medellin or Juarez with the cops and Sierra Leone with the child soldiers in this movie which I find hilarious.

Last edited:
Nice action movie for a weekend and something to getaway from all around depressing time for couple of hours. I actually liked Randeep Hooda better than Hemsworth and especially the hand to hand combat scene. Very well choreographed. Agreed nothing in the plot but why is Hollywood always bent upon showing third world country in such a poor state.

Nice action movie for a weekend and something to getaway from all around depressing time for couple of hours. I actually liked Randeep Hooda better than Hemsworth and especially the hand to hand combat scene. Very well choreographed. Agreed nothing in the plot but why is Hollywood always bent upon showing third world country in such a poor state.
Well I have been to Dhaka for a few months for a telco client for my previous firm and believe me I was shocked when they were zipping around the city that fast.
Traffic jams in Bangalore are nothing compared to Dhaka.

Then I looked up the shooting locations and saw that most of it was shot in Ahmedabad standing in for Dhaka and some street scenes were shot in Bangkok.
The attention to detail was pretty good albeit Dhaka has a crap ton of rickshaws milling about.

As for the state of third world countries this is how 80% of the subcontinent is barring the posh streets with cafes and malls in the metros.

Watched Bala: 4/10.
Maha bakwas movie. Initially felt good but later on literally discontinued towards the end.

Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan: 7/10.
Small town family trapped in a clash between conservatism and freedom/ tradition and modernity.

Andhadhun: Simply brilliant! 8/10.
Thrilling drama. Absolute genius Ayushmann delivers a wonderfully calibrated performance.

Body: 4/10.
No comments... Emraan should quit or at least reject such scripts.

Jagga jasoos: 0/10.
Why this film was even made??

Last edited:
Fantasy Island [2020] ( IMDB rating 4.6 ) My rating (6)

Decent flick for a lazy afternoon or evening. Will keep you engrossed. Don't understand the low ratings & hate. Every movie needn't be 'intelligent' & 'thought-provoking.' Sometimes, just relax and go with the flow.

Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan : 4/10.

Out and out Rainbow propaganda. They could've been little subtle about it.

There are good bits though, typical to TVF & New Heartland movies, Neena, Gajraj & Manu Rishi are delightful as usual, but aggressive propaganda ruins everything.

Bad Education (2020, starring Hugh Jackman): Would give it a solid 7. The plot seemed predictable but the cast really played their roles well thus making the movie enjoyable

Watch Le Samourai. Lee Byeong-heon's character has a lot of inpsiration gleaned from this movie.

Thanks for recommendation, Watched it!

It has pretty stylish direction for its time, though the movie can be a little slow at times. Melancholic & Surreal. End came to me as abrupt!

It's said this film has inspired many modern great filmmakers and it is easy to see why!

Last night saw Kissebaaz 6/10.
It was a fluke and surprisingly it turn out to be an entertainer! BUt if you blink here and there then you are in a bug confusion as the story revolves arouns random period, people and big confusion between 2 names...

Back