Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

red_devil said:
These guys.
dev1x.jpg

There called twilight players. index

google image search
twilight players - Google Images

Saw Dev.D and I really don't know why people went gaga over it.

A very slow movie, absolutely no content in the middle segment whatsoever. All I saw was Abhay drinking, taking drugs, smoking, and dipping himself in bucket of water.

And the ending where he supposedly realizes what's good for him, that part is a failure.

DOP was top notch though. They really did show Delhi beautifully. But then the whole brothel area was very unrealistic (but I presume he didn't go for the realistic approach).

Abhay deol acted well .. actually saw his first film. But I felt the film got so repetitive that he had nothing to do by the end of it.

It's a bold film, but very boring. I think it was about 2.5hours runtime, but I just couldn't wait for it to finish.

4/10

broadway said:
Anurag kashyap bhi chor nikla.

His No Smoking is also a ripoff of Quitters Inc.

I haven't watched "jail" yet nor do i intend to. Caught a trailer of it this morning on tv though. Anyone seen a stephen dorff movie called "felon"? I have it on a dvd somewhere. I think it's definitive rip off.

broadway said:
I haven't watched "jail" yet nor do i intend to. Caught a trailer of it this morning on tv though. Anyone seen a stephen dorff movie called "felon"? I have it on a dvd somewhere. I think it's definitive rip off.

Nope, its not. I wish it was, atleast then the movie would have been entertaining.
Bluffmaster said:
Jail : 2/5

Pros:
A Look into the jail life of India.
Realistic looking jail.
Manoj Bajpai and Arya Babbar's performance.

Cons:

Weak script.
Bad acting.
Neil Mukesh CANNOT act.
Manoj Bajpai is wasted.
Boring and Repetitive.
Does not connect with the viewer.
Below Average songs.
Watch it only if you have to. This is Bandharkar's weakest film and the main reason behind it is the casting of Neil Mukesh in the lead. He simply cannot act. Jhonny Gaddar was good but that was only because of the powerful supporting cast and a very strong script. The only saving grace of this movie is Manoj Bajpai but even he is wasted. I can think of a 100 interesting stories based in a prison but "Jail" seems like a wasted opportunity.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit(1988) - 8/10

I remember watching this movie when I was a kid. Back then, there were no cd-dvd players, and we used to get VHS tapes to watch movies :p. The quality however, was so ridiculous that at the end of it I couldn't make head or tail out of this movie :p.

Still, I was pretty excited about getting this movie in HD. A good movie nonetheless. A comical love triangle between a man, a cartoon rabbit, and his glamorous cartoon wife :bleh: with an underlying mysterious plot to destroy toon city :tongue:. It's a good kiddie movie :)

Tum Mile - 4/10 Nothing great. Bakwas movie

In one scene they show that an electric pole (not street light) falls in the flood water and electrocutes Emraan Hashmi's friend. Mumbai does not have over the head electric lines, instead they are under ground.

Tum Mile : 3.5/5

Pros:

Good Chemistry between the lead pair

Good acting

Good Songs

Decent script

Cons:

A little on the slower side.

Climax could have been better.

Its another successful film from the bhatt camp. A very decent love story. Emraan Hasmi along with Abhay deol is one of the most underrated actors of bollywood. His chemistry with Soha was perfect. Soha is a natural actor, she is looking very cute as well. Mantra does well in a Supporting role. The Songs too are really nice. People who have been disappointed by this movie were probably expecting something along the lines of "Day after Tomorrow" or "Titanic". Well this is just a simple love story which uses the Mumbai storm as a backdrop. Its a nice romantic film to be enjoyed with your special friend. I recommend a watch.

Back