Rated X-X-X-X

thexfactor

Insanely Awesome!!
Skilled
So finally I managed to upgrade from my X2 3600+ to something significantly better :D
It all started with me getting the urge to start gaming again, so picked up this 4870 1GB :D
1resizez.jpg

However the processor seemed to be a major bottleneck, so decided to go for something better. The Phenom X2 555 seemed to be a good choice even if it didn't unlock.
2resizej.jpg

Luckily for me I managed to unlock it into a X4 :eek:hyeah:
79279013.jpg

Now I needed a good mobo with enough SATA ports, USB 3 would be a bonus. After a long search ended up with this ...
4resizec.jpg

Since I had already overspent, decided to get something better than the usual value RAM.
5resizer.jpg

Here's everything in the box.
6resizer.jpg

Played a little bit of MW2, BC2 and Dirt2 and the graphics are really amazing, since I'm not used to playing at full settings with AA :p (coming from a 8800gts :ashamed:), so far everything seems to be running smooth as butter :hap2:

and finally thank a lot to Bikey, Stormy and Zhoppy for all the inputs and Bikey specially for being so damn patient with me :p

cong man and get the ssd drvier soon and nice update so is this ati 4870 an second hand card right :p

so how much fps u are having at gta4 dir2 at max setting with 1980x1080 p so let us know :)

and damage for each part

Great stuff. Really like the consequences of buying and accelerator, and ending up changing the whole system. Congratulation...!

Is there any reason to go with rev1 as opposed to rev2 for this mobo ?

Didn't Shri Pad get the same mobo some time back.

Other thing is for a touted USB3 board it has only 2 USB 3 connectors and the rest (14) are USB2.

Why still provide USB2 connectors when USB3 is backwards compatible anyway ?

Back