PC Peripherals Razer blackwidow issues?

Faraz

Skilled
I am thinking of getting a blackwidow, but recently read that they have various issues like not getting detected or frequent dissconnections. Can anyone using it confirm if he faced a similar issue? Or should i go for tvs gold instead? Looks dont matter to me.

Try to avoid Razer products. Nothing personal against them but I have had a Razer Salmosa [since retired] and a Razer Lycosa [still in service] and they overall had the following issues --
  • Really cheap feel, after the initial euphoria of acquiring a Razer dies down. It well feels CHEAP.
  • Warranty terms are atrocious and most products malfunction out of this cover.
  • Weird issues keep popping up, once the Enter key was not working, yesterday the Numpad blanked off.
  • Build quality is something I will not talk about, my Salmosa had a matte rubbery plastic on it after cleaning it with Colin completely ruined this layer.
  • Really do not justify the price tag.

For other options in the same price tag look here --

Microsoft Sidewinder X4 ~2000/-

LOGITECH G-series keyboards ~2500/- onwards

TVS Gold ~1400/- [as you have suggested]

Hope this helps #[member='Faraz'], Cheers!!

Earlier I got the TVS gold but it's spacebar became too wobbly for my comfort. then got the razer blackwidow and it's great. I didnt know how I managed to not have macro keys and volume control keys earlier
123.gif

build quality is good. the kb is solid and heavy.

tldr: I have no issues with the kb.

_

Try to avoid Razer products. Nothing personal against them but I have had a Razer Salmosa [since retired] and a Razer Lycosa [still in service] and they overall had the following issues --
  • Really cheap feel, after the initial euphoria of acquiring a Razer dies down. It well feels CHEAP.
  • Warranty terms are atrocious and most products malfunction out of this cover.
  • Weird issues keep popping up, once the Enter key was not working, yesterday the Numpad blanked off.
  • Build quality is something I will not talk about, my Salmosa had a matte rubbery plastic on it after cleaning it with Colin completely ruined this layer.
  • Really do not justify the price tag.

For other options in the same price tag look here --

Microsoft Sidewinder X4 ~2000/-

LOGITECH G-series keyboards ~2500/- onwards

TVS Gold ~1400/- [as you have suggested]

Hope this helps #[member='Faraz'], Cheers!!

After i read reviews of mechanical keyboards i just dont feel like buying a membrane one
<

I considered sidewinder x4. Found it listed at prime. But the prime representative here doesn't reply to pm.

Earlier I got the TVS gold but it's spacebar became too wobbly for my comfort. then got the razer blackwidow and it's great. I didnt know how I managed to not have macro keys and volume control keys earlier
123.gif

build quality is good. the kb is solid and heavy.

tldr: I have no issues with the kb.

_

Which one of them is louder? Looks arent an issue but sound certainly is. I have heard tvs gold and they sound like typewriters. Or maybe the person using them was banging hard on the keys. How long have you had the blackwidow?

Found it listed at prime. But the prime representative here doesn't reply to pm.

Try to contact #[member='chiragsthakur'], he can help you with getting in touch with the guys at Prime ABGB.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Happy to help anytime. Let me know if you need to get something from prime

Even I got a new Sidewinder X4 from prime a month ago. Excellent keyboard for the price

Which one of them is louder? Looks arent an issue but sound certainly is. I have heard tvs gold and they sound like typewriters. Or maybe the person using them was banging hard on the keys. How long have you had the blackwidow?

Cherry blues are loud like the ones on the TVS gold, brown and black are quieter if you don't bottom out the keys

both are very much louder (as they are blue switches like bottle said in above post) I feel razer is a bit quiter but not significantly. I'm using one from jan 2011, at that time only blue switches were available. I think now models with brown switches are also available, they are a good compromise between tactile feel of blue and no sound of black.

_

Will borrow my friends tvs gold and see if the sound bothers my brother while he studies in the same room. If it does i would probably go for x4. Btw are there any brown or black key mechanical keyboards around 5k?

Happy to help anytime. Let me know if you need to get something from prime

Even I got a new Sidewinder X4 from prime a month ago. Excellent keyboard for the price

Thanks will let you know if i decide to go for x4.
<

If you can stretch the budget then go for Logitech G110-3.6k,Really VFM Keyboard-http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=4386&category_id=210&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54
Will borrow my friends tvs gold and see if the sound bothers my brother while he studies in the same room. If it does i would probably go for x4. Btw are there any brown or black key mechanical keyboards around 5k?

Thanks will let you know if i decide to go for x4.
happy19.gif

Check if Logitech G105 is available in the market. Price might be around 2.2k to 2.8k

Chirag, I think the Sidewinder X4 OR TVS Gold will be better because of the lack of LAG / Ghosting and Key Jamming and N-Key rollover issues compared to the LOGITECH keyboard.

Just my thought process, Cheers!!

#[member='Faraz'] for better understanding of the same, read this and this article.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

if a ceiling fan is running at full speed one may not notice the sound much but if AC is running then the click sounds will be crystal clear.

the razer black widow stealth edition (the one with brown cherry mx switches) will be less than 5k. check if it is available locally.

don't bother with N-Key Rollover if you are not playing MMOs.. even then that is not a problem as we have very high USB polling rates these days. and to get NKRO you have to use PS2 connection which has a slight disadvantage to USB as it will send interrupts to the cpu unlike USB to which the system polls. also you can use macro keys, multimedia keys etc only with the USB connection. ghosting is also not a problem because all modern gaming keyboards take care of ghosting around the gaming cluster (WSAD) and arrow keys. also razer has 6-key rollover which is very much sufficient. btw I dont even find any difference between 125hz (normal USB polling rate) and 1000hz the rate razer stuff use while gaming.

_

No chance of getting it locally.

Anyone has any idea where i can get it from online?

I'm not able to find it online. send a mail to primeabgb and smcinternational. these guys are sure to have it if it's available here. else they might know when it will be available, so that you can make your choice.

_

Back