Reality of Flipkart Mobile Exchange offer

kolayamit

Disciple
I had ordered a Samsung A20 from Flipkart with exchange offer applied(Redmi Note 6 Pro). The Redmi Note 6 Pro was bought from Flipkart only and is in excellent condition. It's under warranty with Bill, Box and Charger. There is only one small mark/scratch on the back camera glass(no issue when taking photos). I have attached the pictures and bill of the phone. Today they came and rejected the exchange. What i can understand is that Flipkart expects the quality to be like brand new, never used sealed phone. I would recommend selling your phone in OLX or any forum rather than wasting your time with Flipkart.

IMG_20190521_154806264.jpg IMG_20190521_154903983.jpg IMG_20190521_154918186.jpg IMG_20190521_154922902.jpg IMG_20190521_154928726.jpg invoice.jpg

Last edited:
The phones they pick up end up getting sold on 2Gud.com so they probably won't accept anything that requires repairs. I've exchanged 3 phones in the last year or so and haven't been rejected so far.

I think you just had bad luck. I just exchanged my 4yr old iPhone 6S which reached 77% battery life and also began showing telltale signs of LCD failure (diffused bright spot at the top left corner of the screen). Plus very minor wear and rear signs at the back due to imprints of and grains from my trips to the beach.

They exchanged it without any fuss

The phones they pick up end up getting sold on 2Gud.com so they probably won't accept anything that requires repairs. I've exchanged 3 phones in the last year or so and haven't been rejected so far.
No repairs were needed it's in excellent condition. Please read my first post in this thread.

I think you just had bad luck. I just exchanged my 4yr old iPhone 6S which reached 77% battery life and also began showing telltale signs of LCD failure (diffused bright spot at the top left corner of the screen). Plus very minor wear and rear signs at the back due to imprints of and grains from my trips to the beach.

They exchanged it without any fuss
Waste of time from my end. Next time will use Cashify. Are you located in Bangalore, when did you exchanged your mobile?[DOUBLEPOST=1558451261][/DOUBLEPOST]
how much they paid for 6s
Note 6 pro - 7700rs

Sorry if this is a stupid suggestion:
Try exchanging it again after some time - i doubt they keep accurate records if no exchange took place and who knows, maybe the rejection was a random mistake?

I had ordered a Samsung A20 from Flipkart with exchange offer applied(Redmi Note 6 Pro). The Redmi Note 6 Pro was bought from Flipkart only and is in excellent condition. It's under warranty with Bill, Box and Charger. There is only one small mark on the back camera glass(no issue when taking photos). I have attached the pictures and bill of the phone. Today they came and rejected the exchange. What i can understand is that Flipkart expects the quality to be like brand new, never used sealed phone. I would recommend selling your phone in OLX or any forum rather than wasting your time with Flipkart.

View attachment 80330 View attachment 80331 View attachment 80332 View attachment 80333 View attachment 80334 View attachment 80335

i have exchanged couple of phones, never face this issue

I had ordered a Samsung A20 from Flipkart with exchange offer applied(Redmi Note 6 Pro). The Redmi Note 6 Pro was bought from Flipkart only and is in excellent condition. It's under warranty with Bill, Box and Charger. There is only one small mark on the back camera glass(no issue when taking photos). I have attached the pictures and bill of the phone. Today they came and rejected the exchange. What i can understand is that Flipkart expects the quality to be like brand new, never used sealed phone. I would recommend selling your phone in OLX or any forum rather than wasting your time with Flipkart.

View attachment 80330 View attachment 80331 View attachment 80332 View attachment 80333 View attachment 80334 View attachment 80335
tbh back lens cracked so the crack, while now its small, might spread later and that'll lead to distorted photos.

if you still want to get it exchanged, just visit service center and get the back glass replaced. I replaced it last time and it cost me just 99rs plus labor charge of 120rs

Sorry if this is a stupid suggestion:
Try exchanging it again after some time - i doubt they keep accurate records if no exchange took place and who knows, maybe the rejection was a random mistake?
That may happen, however i don't want to go through this again. Cashify was showing around 7200rs, will sell there.[DOUBLEPOST=1558491899][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes, your first post says there was a mark on the back camera glass which means it would have to be repaired before they resold it.
Please check the image of the back camera glass.

Last edited:
tbh back lens cracked so the crack, while now its small, might spread later and that'll lead to distorted photos.

if you still want to get it exchanged, just visit service center and get the back glass replaced. I replaced it last time and it cost me just 99rs plus labor charge of 120rs
Please check the back camera image. Have i mentioned anywhere there is a crack? It's small scratch almost not noticeable and the photos captures are fine. Please read my post properly and check all the images carefully.

Please check the back camera image. Have i mentioned anywhere there is a crack? It's small scratch almost not noticeable and the photos captures are fine. Please read my post properly and check all the images carefully.
even small scratch on lens may mean distorted camera pics. the guy coming to take your phone has no personal agenda against you. different sites have different policies. flipkart may have rejected your phone but cashify may accept it.

even small scratch on lens may mean distorted camera pics. the guy coming to take your phone has no personal agenda against you. different sites have different policies. flipkart may have rejected your phone but cashify may accept it.
That's what i have mentioned, did you even read the post or checked the attached images. No issues taking photographs. Yes, i know that, the guy send images to his superior for approval.[DOUBLEPOST=1558509361][/DOUBLEPOST]
thanks for sharing the secret reality :rolleyes:
Yes :) nobody cares until it happens to them. Sad Reality[DOUBLEPOST=1558509463][/DOUBLEPOST]
Use one of those acrylic pens to fill that scratch.
is that possible? do you have a link?

Back