Reality of Flipkart Mobile Exchange offer

That's what i have mentioned, did you even read the post. No issues taking photographs. Yes, i know that, the guy send images to his superior for approval.[DOUBLEPOST=1558509361][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes :) nobody cares until it happens to them. Sad Reality
did you even read my reply? that crack may seem fine now but it may increase in the future. thats why it was rejected. flipkart normally takes phones with scratches on the back panels, sides etc but rejects imperfect glass screen and camera lens screen however small it may seem.

Ive sold one phone thru cashify and dude spend half an hour checking everything so I bet he'll ask you about that scratch too and try to haggle down the price

This is just not for mobile only applicable for tv also. Below my experience.

September 2018; Redmi Note 3 exchange value 3k INR against Poco F1, - Rejected.Reason small scratch at the back. Nothing else, used in a protective case for the whole life. Scratch happened due to the removal of the cover....This is the time when Jio wave hit Indian people, 4 sim card of our household came through this phone.

January 2019, Samsung C550 40 inch FHD LCD TV exchange value 7k INR against Mi TV Pro 55 inch - Rejected, Reason black paint at the back is chipping off due to removal and put back to the wall mount 3 to 4 times in past nine years.....Unlike today's TV which is thin light due to plastic body, this one back/chassis built-in metal elements which weight 18kg for 40 inch. Everything else is fine, Fk policy instantly rejected but the funny part Fk executive and the truck driver wants the tv and ready to pay the exchange value in cash.

I feel disgusted due to FK's policy and cancel the order and decided stick to the tv until it dead.

Last edited:
did you even read my reply? that crack may seem fine now but it may increase in the future. thats why it was rejected. flipkart normally takes phones with scratches on the back panels, sides etc but rejects imperfect glass screen and camera lens screen however small it may seem.

Ive sold one phone thru cashify and dude spend half an hour checking everything so I bet he'll ask you about that scratch too and try to haggle down the price
Yes i did :) there is no crack, where exactly did you find i have mentioned crack. Scratch and crack is totally different bud.
I have no experience with cashify, however i have heard good things about them. Selling at OLX locally is best, i have sold my old phones there previously.

This is just not for mobile only applicable for tv also. Below my experience.

September 2018; Redmi Note 3 exchange value 3k INR against Poco F1, - Rejected.Reason small scratch at the back. Nothing else, used in protective case for whole life. Scratch happened due to removal of the cover....This is the time when Jio wave hit Indian people, 4 sim card of our household came through this phone.

January 2019, Samsung C550 40 inch FHD LCD TV exchange value 7k INR against Mi TV Pro 55 inch - Rejected, Reason black paint at the back is chipping off due to removal and put back to the wall mount 3 to 4 times in past nine years. Everything else is fine, Fk policy instantly rejected but the funny part Fk executive and the truck driver wants the tv and ready to pay the exchange value in cash.

I feel disgusted due to FK's policy and cancel the order and decided stick to the tv until it dead.
Exactly my point! I think Flipkart expect items for exchange to be brand new and unused.
Do they put them into new boxes and try to sell at full price :)

is that possible? do you have a link?

sorry, i researched more into these and i think its not possible. saw videos on youtube where people waited one day and even then scratches didn't go away. Those pens were available for 50 rupees or so first and now they're selling for 100+ so not worth it imo.

sorry, i researched more into these and i think its not possible. saw videos on youtube where people waited one day and even then scratches didn't go away. Those pens were available for 50 rupees or so first and now they're selling for 100+ so not worth it imo.
No problem :)

i have exchanged redmi 3s with poco for someone and that device was used by multiple and was damaged with regular wear and tear.
but at time of exchange all he did was restarted the device and we both confirmed imei and it was over,
smoothest transaction.

Happened to one guy in my office as well. Small scratch and rejected. He was like pissed off, and decided to give away phone to maid servant or something.

FK is run by idiots for sure. Try getting a girl to exchange and should go through like butter!

i have exchanged redmi 3s with poco for someone and that device was used by multiple and was damaged with regular wear and tear.
but at time of exchange all he did was restarted the device and we both confirmed imei and it was over,
smoothest transaction.
this was the same case as me. looks like its completely down to luck if the exchange person is in good mood or not.

Some of the pickup guys they use can be very picky because if they accept a damaged or defective item, they will get chewed out for it. It does not help that people have passed on items with damage or defects when they have been more lax. So, from their side it's safe to reject a item with a scratch on a camera than accept it. Worst case scenario, the customer will deal with flipkart over it which would not be their problem. Some of these guys are more through than others and check for all kinds of physical wear and tear and insist on all accessories.

While they dont care about scratches on body, scratches on screen and camera len is one of the common cases of damage from wear and tear and is on their checklist of things to check when accepting a phone.

Lets also not forget that that flipkart/Amazon does not offer exchange service out of the good of their heart or to offer you the best value on your used product. This is more of a convinience and value addition service.

You will almost always be able to sell your old product for a better price if you try outside directly. This service is for people like me who don't care too much about what value a used product fetches as about getting rid of the item quickly. I have exchanged a perfectly working fridge for Rs 500 at reliance digital over dealing with scammers and goons on olx.

I meant Rs 500. It's an old fridge, but in perfect working condition. It would have cost me a lot more hassle to just to get it out of my house any other way. When I got a new fridge from Reliance digital, their delivery people picked up the old fridge as part of the exchange. In any case, this fridge would not have got me more than 2.5 to 3k even otherwise.

Last edited:
It looks like a very minor scratch in the pics to me.. Very unreasonable to deny exchange due to that
I would post these pics over social media and ask flipkart for an answer regarding why exchange was denied..

Happened to one guy in my office as well. Small scratch and rejected. He was like pissed off, and decided to give away phone to maid servant or something.

FK is run by idiots for sure. Try getting a girl to exchange and should go through like butter!
Highly doubtful! It will go via seal verification process and no proof how many times she was used.

Just for reference I used the buyback guarantee with my Samsung Galaxy S7 last year and it has a noticeable scuff on one edge of the phone as it fell on the road one time by my friend, but they took the phone without any hassle and gave me my new phone.

Quality control is at it's best with Flipkart :)[DOUBLEPOST=1558716621][/DOUBLEPOST]
It looks like a very minor scratch in the pics to me.. Very unreasonable to deny exchange due to that
I would post these pics over social media and ask flipkart for an answer regarding why exchange was denied..
Yes!
I have posted this at my facebook profile. Where can i post this so Flipkart can notice?[DOUBLEPOST=1558716705][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just for reference I used the buyback guarantee with my Samsung Galaxy S7 last year and it has a noticeable scuff on one edge of the phone as it fell on the road one time by my friend, but they took the phone without any hassle and gave me my new phone.
It's like lottery :)

Last edited:
Back