Android Realme 2 / Realme 2 Pro

swatkats

Skilled
V8Bt22Q.jpg

Realme 2 specifications

• 6.2-inch (1520 x 720 pixels) 18:9 FullView 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
  • 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
  • 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
  • ColorOS 5.1 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
  • Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
  • 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, secondary 2MP camera with f/2.4 aperture
  • 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size
  • Fingerprint sensor, face unlock
  • Dimensions: 156.2×75.6×8.2mm; Weight: 168g
  • Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB OTG
  • 4230mAh (typical) / 4100mAh (minimum) built-in battery
The Realme 2 is priced at Rs. 8,990 for the 3+32GB & Rs.10,990 for 4+64GB version.

Link: https://www.realme.net/in/realme2

Realme-2-Pro-1.jpg

Realme 2 Pro specifications

• 6.3-inch (1080 x 2340 pixels) 19.5:9 FullView 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
  • Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
  • 4GB LPDDR4X / 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
  • ColorOS 5.2 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
  • Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
  • 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, Sony IMX398 sensor, Dual Pixel focus, EIS, secondary 2MP camera, f/2.4 aperture
  • 16MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
  • Fingerprint sensor, face unlock
  • Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS
  • 3500mAh built-in battery with fast charging
The Realme 2 Pro comes in Ice Lake, Black Sea and Blue Ocean colors, is priced at Rs. 13,990 for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version,
6GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs Rs. 15,990 and
8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 17,990.

Source: https://www.fonearena.com/blog/264594/realme-2-pro-price-india-specifications.html

Any real time reviews?
This is for Realme 2 Pro (4GB/64GB)
Bought it for my sister. The phone's display is downright gorgeous. As soon as we started it up, it notified that there is a system update available. The interface is snappy. We checked out phone calls. Ringtone volume was good and during call, speaker volume was adequate. Jio and Idea sims were working fine. My sister has been using it for almost 3 days now. Zero issues so far. She has no complaints. Her kid has been playing games on it whole day :D Even with that, battery lasts for one day, which is great. The build quality is very good. Phone felt sturdy. The phone feels a little heavy but not that much. It came with a scratch guard pre-installed, which was superb, and there was also a soft TPU case, which was much better quality than what you get in regular market. Both the cameras took fantastic photos. I am a RN3 user, so I was literally drooling at those pics XD The photos with the gorgeous display looked AMAZING!

Keep in mind, this Realme 2 Pro is made by Oppo. Oppo is not a newcomer in the mobile phone market. They are the owners of Oneplus, so I would say these guys definitely know what they're doing. And since Oppo and Oneplus are the same company, their service centers are the same, which means better service for us in future in case something goes wrong with the phone.

That's about it. If you have any other questions, lemme know and I'll ask my sister :)

PS: If you don't like ColorOS, then you can simply buy Nova Launcher Prime and install it. It's cheap and obviously much better than ColorOS.

PPS: By the way, one of my college friends also bought this the same day, so I know two people who own these devices. She bought the 6GB/64GB variant.

Last edited:
Oppo and OnePlus are same company? :O

Thanks for the feedback on the phone.. it's always good to know about a phone from a user.

What update did you receive on the phone? OS or security?

Would be interested to know how much OS updates it receives.. but yea, that will be over a period of 1-2 years LOL.

Oppo and OnePlus are same company? :O

Thanks for the feedback on the phone.. it's always good to know about a phone from a user.

What update did you receive on the phone? OS or security?

Would be interested to know how much OS updates it receives.. but yea, that will be over a period of 1-2 years LOL.
Don't remember which update it was. It was around 400 mb. My sister had to leave and I didn't have enough time to read the changelog.

It came with a scratch guard pre-installed, which was superb

It seems impossible to remove this scratch guard. Its glued very hard to the screen. Phone is good but charging to full 100% takes a lot of time. And the notifications are a mess which is an issue with color os, I guess.

It seems impossible to remove this scratch guard. Its glued very hard to the screen. Phone is good but charging to full 100% takes a lot of time. And the notifications are a mess which is an issue with color os, I guess.
Well, my sister is the main user. She'll be visiting this Diwali vacation. Will ask her for feedback.

Back