Audio rear speakers not working in ac3 movies(test&games working)

lilboy

Adept
using onboard 3 realtek 3.5 jacks for 5.1 surround for logitech z5500. assigned green-front speakers, orange- sub/center, blue(black)- rear.

checked every settings, reinstalled drivers, removed old drivers with driver sweeper. still no sound coming from rear speakers while playing ac3 6 channel audio movies with vlc or windows media player on win 7 codecs.

while speaker configuration in realtek hd audio manager and windows default menus sound is coming from all 5 speakers and sub. its even coming in games.

searched through a whole lot of webpages. found speaker fill, room setting(which spread stereo to all speakers)

finally i took a picture of setting where its shown L R only where it should be FL FR.
and a forum where messing up with registry values are given to reassign jacks or somehting like that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-au...hanging-jack-output-reassignments-fix-12.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-au...card-5-1-surround-speaker-fill-problem-2.html

Attachments

• jack info.PNG
    jack info.PNG
    74.3 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
I also had a similar problem in my on board sound, and i was trying to connect two 2.1 systems. But in my case the volume was pretty slow to hear anything. I tried a lot of things new drivers modified drivers but nothing worked. So finally quit.

lemme try that. thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1398444818][/DOUBLEPOST]nope tried everything in it. in auto matrix some sound is coming but i think its kind of speaker fill in some ac3 videos. what is happening

Last edited:
I got shark codecs and/ or windows 7 codecs. Though will try what you suggested.

No optical. Have creative x-fi music card. But creative deserted user base from windows 7.[DOUBLEPOST=1398509536][/DOUBLEPOST]Nothing from rear speakers. Installed klite codec mega pack

Last edited:
I remember myself using creative x-fi music card. Vaguely remember some update for Win7 from creative through their driver updater online. Did you use drivers from their website and update it with their utility.

I was using Zalman 5.1 headphone with it which was working okayish, don't know much about speakers.

It is unfortunate that you don't have and SPDIF either onboard or on creative x-fi. Considering you have a good speaker, why not go with a sound card with SPDIF like the one mentioned above ?

Back