Recliner for computer use

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Anybody bought a recliner for using at computer table?

I have been using a single seat sofa (from 3 + 1 + 1 set) for several years and found it a lot more comfortable than any regular computer chair. But recently, we exchanged the sofa set for a new one which is a 3 + 2 + 2 model. So I am left without a computer chair now and using a dining table chair as a stop gap.

I am contemplating buying a recliner/single seat sofa as I have not found any computer/executive chair that is as comfortable.

If any body has been using a recliner for computer use or know of a model that might fit the purpose, please let me know. Main requirements are seating height of 18-20" and back rest should be lockable in upright position.

I have the exact same requirement!

My crappy computer chair broke one of it's legs and rather than buy another, i'm considering a recliner. Only thing is if it's not usable for regular computer use then i would need to use something else for the computer. Before my current chair i was just using one of those nilkamal plastic stools and it was fine. Since there was no backrest it actually forced me to maintain good posture. Only thing is it gets uncomfortable after a bit.

There are some chair and recliner discussions here: https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/need-an-ergonomic-chair.40868/page-11

and this: https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/buying-a-la-z-boy-recliner.168390/#post-1975284[DOUBLEPOST=1502007151][/DOUBLEPOST]To clarify, i don't have/want/need a tv. All my video watching is on the computer itself. So i don't even have the room for both a computer chair and a recliner. Which is why i would rather just get a recliner if i could also use it for regular computer use.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks very nice even though it's almost 40k but it doesn't suit my reqs. First, can't manage a separate ottoman. And then the lounge is neither as luxurious as a proper recliner nor as functional as a proper computer chair. Looks groovy though.[DOUBLEPOST=1502041500][/DOUBLEPOST]@vishalrao can you measure and let me know the seat height from the floor when upright? The Tribbiani recliner i.e. nvm, found it on their site, 19"

My current chair is 15"-20". I use ~18"

Also, how easy/hard is it to move the entire recliner around? I'm assuming it doesn't have castors, so sliding it around on a tile floor...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Tribbiani Recliner in Carafe Brown Fabric is down to 14,399 (20% system discount). After adding the referral code given by @Jasku i got another 10%, total around 13k. Just ordered via card on delivery.

The Tribbiani Recliner in Carafe Brown Fabric is down to 14,399 (20% system discount). After adding the referral code given by @Jasku i got another 10%, total around 13k. Just ordered via card on delivery.
Aah good stuff man, looks like you are putting the referral code to good use. I am not sure how a recliner is practical for a PC setup unless you are only using it with a controller. Ideally you would have to sit upright to use the mouse and keyboard?

Let's see. Worst case i'll have to get a chair as well. But even on my old computer chair, i don't usually sit leaning back against the rest unless i'm watching video or something. If i'm typing or reading it's usually upright. So it should do the job. In any case, using my computer chair with a stool as an ottoman is ruining my back. My biggest concern is being able to move the recliner around without much trouble. I have limited space in the computer room, so i need to shuffle occasionally.

Let's see. Worst case i'll have to get a chair as well. But even on my old computer chair, i don't usually sit leaning back against the rest unless i'm watching video or something. If i'm typing or reading it's usually upright. So it should do the job. In any case, using my computer chair with a stool as an ottoman is ruining my back. My biggest concern is being able to move the recliner around without much trouble. I have limited space in the computer room, so i need to shuffle occasionally.

Get something like this. Makes moving furniture quite easy.

http://www.amazon.in/Primeway-Square-Furniture-Sliders-40x40mm/dp/B00G2GVHB2

Dunno wtf is going on with their shipping, tracking is a joke!

upload_2017-8-13_23-55-19.png

Just called them. Said it reached bombay on the 12th. After a quality check, they'll deliver it. probably in a day or two.

Wow, that's more than double the price of the one i bought. What were your reasons for selecting this one? And final price?

I tried recliners at several stores last few days. This one is very comfortable for me and also seating height is slightly higher than others @ 20" (17-18" after sitting) which makes sense for use near computer table.Cost is same as listed on pepperfry site. They invoiced it for 58,790/- and after discount final price is listed as 29,389/- including 28% GST. Delivery timeline is more than one month on pepperfry, but from the store directly its 10 days.

Just got the recliner. So this makes it 12 days from delivery.

I specifically got the brown fabric not just because it was 3.6k cheaper than the other options, but i thought the leatherette would be uncomfortable in warmer weather. I was expecting fabric to be something like a car seat. This one is velour/velvet fabric which would be actually warmer than leather. quality is just about ok for the price. typical chinese, but finish is not too bad. lower lumbar support is bad because when pushed back into a recline there is a gap between the seat and the back where you would actually need support. The cushion is further up the back but may be suitable for a taller person than me.

Has four nylon bushes so moving it around is not too bad. What i absolutely hate about it is you make it recline by pushing back on it with your body weight. at the max it kinda stops in place. But if you even slightly sit up it will immediately start moving forward. it should stay put without me needing to hold it back.[DOUBLEPOST=1503338266][/DOUBLEPOST]@Lord Nemesis how is your recliner doing for computer use? do you use a separate chair or just the recliner even for typing stuff? I haven't tried mine yet, need to move some furniture before i put it in the computer room.

Wait why does a local store delivery take so long? They aren't giving you the same piece you saw and ordered one from elsewhere?

They obviously won't be giving me the piece they have in the showroom for demo purposes. They sent me a brand new piece. Note that this is a brand (Evok) specific showroom, not a generic furniture shop with all brands. The original waiting time was approx 10 days, but they sent it in 7.

Back