Laptops Recomendations for 12.1 Netbook

Haste

Proxy Warrior
Adept
Hi Guys,

I need to buy Netbook for my parents. They don't require any funky specifications, but a big screen size >= 12.1 inch (technically not a netbook, before somebody points out ;) ), good battery backup, 3hrs or more and preferably a webcam
I am not aware of all the options available in Delhi for 12.1 Netbooks, one is Dell Mini 12 that i know of...
Is there any better and cheaper alternatives available in market or should I go ahead with it..quick help would be appreciated :)

Regards,

why not get them a dual core inspiron 14 for 28-29k's.

Trust me, for your parents even a 12" is small.. id gt one of those sony netbooks tat was insanely advertised but eventually my parents decided to use a 14" lappy instead an my sis uses the sony now.

amityrock said:
why not get them a dual core inspiron 14 for 28-29k's.

Trust me, for your parents even a 12" is small.. id gt one of those sony netbooks tat was insanely advertised but eventually my parents decided to use a 14" lappy instead an my sis uses the sony now.

oops forgot to mention...i need something light weight too...preferably < 1.5kgs..the dell mini is just 1.25kgs

MohitPreet said:
get the acer 4736z

best config for the priece of 27k

dell insprieon 14 as recommended by amityrock is also equally good!!

I can spend that amount but somethin cheaper than that would be appreciated :D as i said the rest of the config don't matter much...they just need it to browse the net..

The best 12" Netbook in the market currently is the Asus Seashell 1101HA for 28K MRP. Check it out, insanely long battery life, stylish and light weight.

if just browsing is ur criteria , then get the asus eepc1000h

the 10 inch screen

u dont even need 12

i think that shud be around 20-22k

Haste said:
i guess no 12 inch netbooks are available except dell...i have checked many websites...
You can also look at some CULV-based notebook from Acer. Will be lightweight with very good battery life and won't be castrated like the atom-based netbooks. Price will be around 35K

morgoth said:
You can also look at some CULV-based notebook from Acer. Will be lightweight with very good battery life and won't be castrated like the atom-based netbooks. Price will be around 35K

ok, can you give me the specific model no., as i can't seem to find any :ashamed:

and guys i don't want anythin smaller than 12.1 :)

out of context but something you should think about:-

y would you want to spend 30k's on a netbook when you get a proper notebook (aka inspiron 14) for 30k's.. ?? is it the weight diff.. well i wonder how carrying one kg extra is a pain considering that you get a dvd drive + bigger screen.. you say the dell mini is 1.25 kg add a external dvd (500gm min) and that the weight of an inspiron.. and in anycase ul hav 2 carry an adapter of the same weight in both the cases..

Trust me the extra screen real estate is important.. it doesnt feel so when u think 12" or 14" wats ta diff.. but whn you sit down to use both you realize.. plus the microscopic keyboards+ trackpad on all netbooks is a pain!

jus my views.. so feel free to agree or disagree.. i jus want that you dont make the same mistake i made!

^^dude the only thing i'm compromising is screen size but it makes up IMO due to good battery life and light weight .. I really don't need the power of real laptop since the only activity is browsing net and they also won't be needing an external drive...we have a desktop for that..

And lugging around is not the only problem for a heavy laptop...a light laptop is so much more comfortable to work with since u can place it in ur lap without much discomfort...I know since I already worked on a toshiba portege( which weighs < 1kg fyi)...

You just gotta lose ur techie prospective sometimes to see what really suits u better :)

its nt bout techie perspective.. iv gt a macbook air aswell (which most techies would advice against buying considerin its price )

btw which i like a lot.. but it falls short on so many places tat i often find myself returning to my dell inspiron! :>

A 10" netbook would be more than enough.. Its lightweight too! There's however a decently powered laptop(AMD Neo) HP DV2-1003AX for 41K it comes with an external dvd drive which kinda looks cool! Its a 12.1" laptop weighs about 1.75Kg . The only other model i could think of right now is the toshiba protege but i think the cheapest's around 45K but i'm not so sure..

amityrock said:
its nt bout techie perspective.. iv gt a macbook air aswell (which most techies would advice against buying considerin its price )
btw which i like a lot.. but it falls short on so many places tat i often find myself returning to my dell inspiron! :>

what's wrong with macbook air? its a fine laptop :huh:

@striker: not looking to spend that much :(

mba is super fine.. it does all the things well.. just nt good enough whn i want to watch videos (small screen, no dvd, not capable of playin hd ) an plus often have trouble wit a few documents of office..

although otherwise its superbly comfy 2 use!

Back