Recommend Air Conditioner - 2011 Thread

nikhil.varia said:
bought Samsung as125bsd 1ton split for 24k from croma

original price is around 27k

bargained a lot with the croma

a great ac enjoying it
Ummm... a panasonic 1.5T split costs 24K + Fitting, why would anyone look at anything else at that price range?

Help me to sort out best 1.5 T split AC around 25k.

Low noise, electricity bill, performance are the major concern for me.

Also i am leaving in rented accommodation hence needs to change home per 1/2 year basis.

Thanks in advance.

well, i gone through all the pages in this thread. To conclude, Panasonic & Whirlpool is the deal around 25k range and Sharp if u can fetch around your area. For >30k, Hitachi is most hitting brand following by OGeneral (mixed bag response here!). To surprise, not even single words on Daikin in this thread. Is anybody here who can enlighten on Daikin specific model in 1.5T split?

Daikins are excellent if you can find them. Trouble is getting them at a good price. Here in bangalore I searched long and hard an all I got were inflated prices.

Even Mitsubishi aircons are excellent if you can find them at a decent price. However the same availability issue exists for them too.

Daikins is very much available in here-Jamnagar:) being our company shortlisted vendor. 39k for 1.5t, 5star & 32k for 1t, 5star he quoted which seems too high for me. In Hitachi, which model should be opt? In panasonic also, confusion between CS-KC18MKY & CS-YC18MKY which bought by Chaos & other forum friends here.

I'm planning to shift into a new rented accommodation and install an AC there, the room details are -

1) Room is roughly 13' x 11' (including shelves / woodwork)

2) On 3rd floor (of 5 floors)

3) Only 1 window, south facing (no direct sunlight reaching it)

4) AC will be used around 6-7 months a year for 9 hours a day (more if I'm home on weekends)

Questions -

1) Should I go for window or split (which option will be easier to install and then remove considering this is rental accommodation)?

2) What tonnage should I go for?

3) Which brand should I go for (longer warranty & good service)?

Please advice.

Require 1T AC.
Budget 20K (22-24K max? maybe? not sure)

Panasonic Econ Sapphire/Pearl? Voltas Vertis something? Hitachi Ace something? :ashamed:

Alright guys, I figured before the thread dies due to the monsoon in Mumbai, I wanted to get my few questions in.

First, I'll give a description of both the areas.

Master ~ 160sq ft. Ceiling should be 11-12ft, haven't measured yet.

B2, my bedroom ~ 130sq ft. Ceiling should be the same height.

Master has a Toshiba RAS-18SKPX and B2 has a Toshiba RAS-13SKPX. I think that would be 1.5T and 1T respectively.

Master's A/C runs around 9 hours a day ( mostly at night ) everyday, and B2's A/C runs around 4-6 hours a day. I can sleep without the A/C just fine.

Master's A/C set to 24C, maybe warmer if it gets too cold at night and B2 is set to 22C, for gaming and when it's too hot in the afternoon.

Now, the question is, after the research I've done, I can see that both these A/Cs have 5-Star ratings, with EERs of 3.55 and 3.11 ( which for some reason is different from what you guys are quoting ) according to this. Since we just moved to Chennai and haven't used A/Cs in the three years that we lived in Navi Mumbai, I wanted to know what kind of bill we'd get for this kind of usage.

I tried using this in various combinations, but I was going through the thread and getting massively confused. I know nothing about A/Cs and I want to learn something :p. On the other hand, I was going through the TNEB Online Tariff Calculator and I saw that bi-monthly for approx usage like what I've stated above, the bill comes to around 4415.xx.

I would like some help here.

Seems like no one wants to sell Window ACs these days, I went to Adishwar, Samsung and LG shops and none of them had Window ACs (or any interest in selling one).

Can anyone recommend a reputed shop for Window ACs in Hyderabad?

monkee said:
Alright guys, I figured before the thread dies due to the monsoon in Mumbai, I wanted to get my few questions in.

First, I'll give a description of both the areas.

Master ~ 160sq ft. Ceiling should be 11-12ft, haven't measured yet.
B2, my bedroom ~ 130sq ft. Ceiling should be the same height.

Master has a Toshiba RAS-18SKPX and B2 has a Toshiba RAS-13SKPX. I think that would be 1.5T and 1T respectively.

Master's A/C runs around 9 hours a day ( mostly at night ) everyday, and B2's A/C runs around 4-6 hours a day. I can sleep without the A/C just fine.

Master's A/C set to 24C, maybe warmer if it gets too cold at night and B2 is set to 22C, for gaming and when it's too hot in the afternoon.

Now, the question is, after the research I've done, I can see that both these A/Cs have 5-Star ratings, with EERs of 3.55 and 3.11 ( which for some reason is different from what you guys are quoting ) according to this. Since we just moved to Chennai and haven't used A/Cs in the three years that we lived in Navi Mumbai, I wanted to know what kind of bill we'd get for this kind of usage.

I tried using this in various combinations, but I was going through the thread and getting massively confused. I know nothing about A/Cs and I want to learn something :p. On the other hand, I was going through the TNEB Online Tariff Calculator and I saw that bi-monthly for approx usage like what I've stated above, the bill comes to around 4415.xx.

I would like some help here.
you should get a bill of about 10k in chennai (bi monthly)

Wow seriously? Even though both A/Cs have five star ratings? Damn. I think I'm going to be murdered when the bill comes.

Window cheaper to install and remove IF there is already a slot in the window for the AC else the chopping up and restoration of window is expensive. 1 ton more than enough

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

kreacher said:
I'm planning to shift into a new rented accommodation and install an AC there, the room details are -

1) Room is roughly 13' x 11' (including shelves / woodwork)

2) On 3rd floor (of 5 floors)

3) Only 1 window, south facing (no direct sunlight reaching it)

4) AC will be used around 6-7 months a year for 9 hours a day (more if I'm home on weekends)

Questions -

1) Should I go for window or split (which option will be easier to install and then remove considering this is rental accommodation)?

2) What tonnage should I go for?

3) Which brand should I go for (longer warranty & good service)?

Please advice.
Window cheaper to install and remove IF there is already a slot in the window for the AC else the chopping up and restoration of window is expensive. 1 ton more than enough

Hmm.. Indian, if you don't mind me asking, how did you arrive at the 10k bi-monthly bill that you mentioned earlier? The calculation will help me. A lot.

TheIndian said:
It turns out the window was already chopped up (and restored) for window AC so I went with a Window AC. Could only find 2/3 star ACs at Croma so bought a 3 star (according to the sales rep window ACs don't come with 4/5 stars :) that's why split ACs are there).

Guys please suggest the best 1.5 ton window AC option for my room :

Room Dimensions: 12 X 11

Budget : 18k-25k

Which brand to opt for

Model No

Your personal experiences about the product

Need to buy one within the next 2 days.

Old White Westinghouse AC has died out of heat after 15 years :-(

Went to a local dealer, he suggested to opt for Voltas 1.5T or Hitachi Kazi

please post in your views

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Finally decided over Voltas Elegant 1.5 Ton window AC

Getting it for 20k locally and the shop is offering 5k off on my old AC.

Is it a good deal, guys please suggest fast..

Getting the Ac today itself

Back