Recommend Air Conditioner - 2011 Thread

The Fujitsu General models available in India (sold as O-General) are assembled by ETA (a JV between ETA Dubai and Fujitsu General Japan) at their plant in Pondicherry. AFAIK other than the compressor which is imported from Japan, the rest of the components including the condensers are manufactured here.

Hi guys looking for quick help here.

Buying a split AC tomorrow in the range of Rs. 30k (excluding stabilizer).

Could anyone tell me how the Sharp Split AH-AP18LMT (3 star) is? Its coming for Rs 31k with a free Microwave so I think its a pretty good deal. Other option I looked at is LG-LSA3ER5N (5 star).

Any suggestion on which one I should go with? Or is there any other model/brand I should look at this range?

Thanks!

i heard that brands like carrier and o general are not just like the good ol days... they are assembled in india QC may be not upto the mark...

Guys can someone tell me what is the thickness of the Panasonic outdoor unit for a split?

Also which stabilizer should I get for a 1.5T? How much will it cost?

Around 10-11 inches in thickness. The outdoor unit of the 1.5T is pretty massive and weighs around 45kg. The 1T outdoor unit is a lot smaller. I was shocked to see the size of the box.

Mine is running with a v-guard vg400. Seems to be performing ok.

Chaos said:
Around 10-11 inches in thickness. The outdoor unit of the 1.5T is pretty massive and weighs around 45kg. The 1T outdoor unit is a lot smaller. I was shocked to see the size of the box.

Mine is running with a v-guard vg400. Seems to be performing ok.
Tell me about it, when they got my 2 ton one, I was wondering how is it gonna hang in there with those puny stands. Thankfully they convinced me to make proper metal stand. When that bugger (compressor) shuts down, the whole window rumbles, apart from that I get no clue that the compressor is on or off.

+LT

Chaos said:
Close your eyes and buy the sharp. At that price, its a steal!

Thanks for the suggestion!

I was wondering what would be the difference between this Sharp 3 star and the LG 5 star? I can see that the LG uses quite less voltage but would that also mean lower performance?

I am decided on the Sharp now. Will get it this evening!

The AC is going to be used in a relatively small room but non stop for the whole summers :D

You are choosing between a slightly lower efficiency but high quality Japanese built(Sharp) unit over a more efficient chinese built(LG) 3rd rate unit in terms of quality.

If you want something cheaper, choose Whirlpool.

Does a 4 star rated Sharp 1 tonner at 20.5k make sense for a 12x10 room? What are my options in the same price bracket?

Ah I understand now. I was only curious about the LG model because its a new range and I thought it could be better than their entry level range.

I have already bought the Sharp now :)

billybob said:
Congrats mate! I thought Panasonic ACs would be a lot more expensive? How are they compared to Hitachi and Sharp?
Hitachi and Sharp are better I think, and more expensive.

The one I bought is a 3 Star, not that it matter much...

Was thinking of buying a Voltas Premium 1.5T window AC....but am reading a lot of bad reviews of Voltas A.S.S ...

what is ur experience guys....

My budget is about 20K...any alternatives??

Looking for an AC for my room, size 140sqft. Wall exposed towards outside 1, have a window sizing 8'x4' with black glass. I can use both Window type or a Split as this wall is adjacent to main road and installing any of the type would not be an issue.

Budget: 25k for Window and 30k for Split.

Usage: Only Summers around 6-8hrs a day.

After going through the thread I feel that Panasonic may be a good choice, the only issue would be the ODU which I would have to place on terrace floor. Please provide your suggestions and inputs.

Back