Recommend an Android under 23k

Hi,

Thinking to get an Android. I was previously thinking to go for Nexus 4 but its not available in India and there are too many complications importing it, plus I don't know about its warranty, if it would be valid in India or not.

1. Q: Budget?
A: 23k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Whatever suits my budget

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Want to go for Sony or HTC, but don't suggest Samsung.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Don't care a bit about camera.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G, WiFi

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Internet, mails, apps, games

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Dual SIM not required.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: I am thinking to for either Xperia P, SL, or S. What do you guys suggest?

Screen size should be minimum 4-inch, and the more powerful processor, the better.

Looking forward for your opinions.

Xperia SL fits your needs and price both. HTC One S fits your budget but would recommend the SL over this. LG Optimus 4x HD can be a good choice if you can increase your budget a bit. You might manage this in your budget if you can come across some deal on any online site. I believe HS had a deal on this some time back.

Xperia SL is almost same as S except with the CPU which is clocked at 1.7GHz as compared to 1.5 on S. Both should get the JB update by end of this month (as promised by Sony). So you cant get wrong with either of them. Get one on which you can find a better deal.
And I know LG had been lagging behind in the smartphone race, but recently they have really refurbished their lineup and the specs they are providing at the price point is way better than the competition (Just look at Optimus L9, Optimus G). Now only if they improve their update cycle.

If possible get first hand experience of a phone from a person who have used Xperia S/SL for more than 6 months... I found the keys bit unresponsive and touchscreen response bit laggy on my cousins 8 month old set... It could be a lot of bloatware though !

1) Xperia SL is kinda Xperia S upgraded.
2) The touch keys indeed require some practise to get working as desired. They are marked by tiny dots and the area is not too responsive and i had to press around a few times to get the desired action.

The phone is otherwise slick and should be the best option in your specified budget. And just as abhifusion has mentioned, try to get a first hand experience first, secondly read on the net a lot as a user gen gets used to the buttons after some time. And i havent really heard too many rants about the buttons being a pain to be using in the longer run. Do update if you find anything/purchase.

Umm S and SL are both good phones! Go for the S and save some money for a decent case! and yes the capacitive keys on the S are a bit weird and take some time to get used to!
Xperia S + Decent TPU Gel case + Good Set of Earphones = Happy Customer for Video and Audio :)

Back