Recommend some budget eyeglasses

After 4 years of using these cheap eyeglasses I am finally thinking of getting rid of those.
After searching I came to know that Transitions, Crizal are both made by the parent company Essilor.
There is also American Optical. Don't know any more

So I am looking for the most budget friendly glasses for my pocket that have following
Dust/Water repellent
Breakage-Resistant
Thin. (Not Super or Ultra thin but simply thin)
UV Protection
Smudge Proof
Scratch Proof
Anti Glare Protection
My budget is 1000 for glasses and 500 for frame. Expandable a little bit

I know someone who has used Americal Optical in the past and really liked it.
I also inquired at a Global Opticals shop near my home and he gave me following pricing
Essilor Trio - 850
Essilor Trio Easy Clean - 1050
Crizal Normal - 1700
Crizal Forte - 2150
I also saw "Klar's Thin HD UNBREAKABLE" @ Rs 1390 on lenskart and really liked it but never heard of it so skeptical about it.
Also read reviews on mouthshut and almost everyone pointed out that lenskart is really bad.

From the price point Trio Easy Clean suits my needs.
But still asking you guys for your input and experience

These are the features written on lenskart for that
  • Most recommended & Value for Money
  • Very High Optical Clarity
  • High Definition (HD)
  • 35% Thinner than Regular Lens (1.6 index)
  • Special Scratch Resistant Coating
  • Breakage-Resistant lens designed for rimless frames
  • 1 Year Warranty*
  • Made of high quality MR8 monomer
  • MR-8 (Mitsui Resin) is one of the best lens material in the world with high Abbe Value & High Optical Clarity. In Market MR-8 lenses start at minimum Rs. 3000
  • Highly recommended for Powers below 5 (+/-4.5, +/-3, +/-2 etc)
  • For Powers above 5 (+/-6, +/-7, etc) we recommend 1.67 Index Super Thin lens
Most probably it just means high clarity like you are not wearing any lens

After 4 years of using these cheap eyeglasses I am finally thinking of getting rid of those.
After searching I came to know that Transitions, Crizal are both made by the parent company Essilor.
There is also American Optical. Don't know any more

So I am looking for the most budget friendly glasses for my pocket that have following
Dust/Water repellent
Breakage-Resistant
Thin. (Not Super or Ultra thin but simply thin)
UV Protection
Smudge Proof
Scratch Proof
Anti Glare Protection
My budget is 1000 for glasses and 500 for frame. Expandable a little bit
Go for a local optician compared to LK as trying a good fit for a frame before buying is must. Also invest in a good frame as it can be reused in the log run and needs just change of lens. My current prescription glasses have Carl Zeiss lens and compared to my previous Crizal lens, I find Zeiss better. When buying for a Crizal/Zeiss look for the laser etched logo and insist on a warranty card (In Crizal you can view the name by blowing on the lens and for Zeiss look against the light).

^^^^^^
I didn't know that Carl Zeiss makes eyeglasses too. And now that you have written that they are better than Crizal, I might look into them. What did they cost you?

Avoid lenkart.
One of my friend bought a frame and lens combo and its big in size even though he uploaded his photo and made sure the frame fits his face perfectly. He didnt got any refund nor they are entertaining for any replacements. :wtf:

Also once your cell no. is with lenskart, they simply keep smsing you ads. and with no way of unsubscribing.:wtf:

Not everything Virtually is always perfect. in such matters its better we deal Practically than relying on virtual world.:cool:

yeah I am gonna buy it from some near by shop.
Thinking of Trio Easy clean with some 400-500 bucks frame. Should be under 1500 if all goes well

Really sorry for bumping this old thread.

I see that OP mentioned costs
Essilor Trio - 850
Essilor Trio Easy Clean - 1050

Have you seen Essilor coming for this cheap. Even this happened to me.. Wholesale optical guys were cheating and selling Trio (Its some similar quality local variety lens) for 900.
I clearly went a head with Crizal UV (Basic) MRP 2450 got it for 1700.

Just a head up, Whenever you are buying Branded lenses like Crizal make sure you get 25-30% discount on MRP.

Back